What's new

whats your favorite beer?

I have to say this question was not easy for me to answer... After living in Stuttgart, Germany for 3 years I have to say that my all time favorite beer is between Das Echte or Erdinger Hefeweizen. This question is too hard to answer though. It is like asking my favorite Scotch. It is always changing and there are so many variables to consider.

$Das-Echte.jpg $erdinger hefeweizen.jpg

Anything from the Lord Nelson, Sydney. At the moment, the Victory Bitter.
That, or Guinness. Can't go past a good black one.

I can't pick one so here are a few:
Pliny the Elder from Russian River
Moylan's Black and Orange Congrats Ale (Go SF Giants!)
Duck Rabbit Milk Stout
Brooklyn Brewery Black Ops

Wheat: Paulaner Dunkel (a dark, not filtrated Wheat Beer with a fruity scent and a sweet flavour)
Pilsner: Moritz Fiege (a typical Beer from the Ruhr with not so much hop than the northern german beers, but still much more hop than a Fosters or an Anheuser)

I can (and often do) enjoy anything in the dark end of the scale. Guinness and most anything else that you can't see through.
Also quite fond of IPAs and reds.

After dark:
proxy.php
That used to be my favourite, but it doesn't seem as nice now as a few years ago. I have a feeling that they've increased production capacity quite a bit over that time and that's why it seems to have changed.
Their king goblin is quite nice.
proxy.php

I don't have a favourite beer at the moment because I've found a shop which sells a huge range from local breweries, and some american beers as well. It will take me a few more months to get through most of what they sell, but they're always getting new stuff in too.

Top Bottom