What's new

whats your favorite beer?

The best beer I have ever tasted was definitely Augustiner Brau Helles Lager from Munich. Sadly however I have never seen this beer in the US. For beer available here I would narrow it down to Sam Adams Boston lager, Guiness, Paulaner Hefeweizen and Corsendonk Abbey Brown Ale. Of course I am also rather fond of my own Homebrew as well (www.kuenstlerbrau.com).

proxy.php

The first edition of Dark Horizon. Awesome imperial stout.

What's Up With You Guys? Ales Are Not real Beers? They Are So Heavy That You Can Only Drink One Or Two At A Time. Now If You Want A Real Beer Get A Good German Lager Like 'spaten' Or Maybe Even 'christian Moerlein'.

Guess who's living in the country of Tabac, Speick and Dovo? Right, the one who also lives in the country of beer and pretzel. Me. :tongue:

I like both Pils and Weißbier and I'm tied between Beck's (living in its hometown you don't really have a choice) and Augustiner Hefeweizen.

What's Up With You Guys? Ales Are Not real Beers? They Are So Heavy That You Can Only Drink One Or Two At A Time. Now If You Want A Real Beer Get A Good German Lager Like 'spaten' Or Maybe Even 'christian Moerlein'.

Ales are not all characterised as super heavy. Try some badger champion or golden glory. Both with light fruit and smooth sweetness. Quite summery but a good sipping beer on a lazy afternoon.

Boddingtons is one of my favorite along with a number of other British beers. However, the Dutch beers are some of my other favorites.

Thanks for the edit Soapbox, but I'll add- on a hot summer day, when I'm at my favorite Portland eating establishment (Norm's), when I'm at a show, when I'm home watching my beloved 'Canes on TV, etc. etc. etc. I admittedly sing the praises of Pabst Blue Ribbon loudly and proudly. I live in a city that is one of the highest purveyors of America's best beer (in 1883) in the country. I prefer it out of the bottle, but sometimes a "pounder" will just have to suffice. Between the PBR and the DE shaving, I'm just living life like my grandfathers.

Yep, despite my love of the expensive beer, PBR is the king of the low end. I haven't found it in a bottle for years; there was a place or two in Atlanta where you could get it (plus on tap at Moe's and Joe's), and one place in Sewanee, TN, that I found, but in the bottle is rare.

Since you asked, 1986 Chimay Grand Reserve consumed July 28, 2002 at Kulminator in Antwerp. Tasted like a liquid Belgian chocolate caramel.

Yep, despite my love of the expensive beer, PBR is the king of the low end. I haven't found it in a bottle for years; there was a place or two in Atlanta where you could get it (plus on tap at Moe's and Joe's), and one place in Sewanee, TN, that I found, but in the bottle is rare.

Well, if you ever make it to these parts, let me know and I can take you on a guided tour of a multitude of places in Portland that have it on tap and a couple of places where you can get it in bottles. Yes, we are the Crown Jewel City of King Of The Low End Beers.

:confused: while I will admit the German Lager is also very good, whether it is an ale, pilsner, lager, etc I haven't yet had a beer so heavy I could only drink 1 or 2 unless of course you meant 1 or 2 cases then I agree :biggrin:

I fancy a nice Duvel, or Erdinger Hefeweizen.

Magic Hat Brewery in South Burlington, VT, used to make a espresso/vanilla porter called Rivel that was phenomenal. Sadly, no more.

Too many to pick a favorite, though. :001_smile

Top Bottom