What's new

whats your favorite beer?

proxy.php

ok heres a local one brewed 4 hours away in Winnipeg.

half pints stir stick stout

pour is dark brown we get a bit of dark red near the bottom of the glass so its not opaque the head is uniform but dosent stay long

aroma is kinda sweet?

taste wow thats difrent. it tastes like sweetened coffee. its like drinking a cold carbonated 2 sugar coffee with a hint of dark chocolate.

drinkability. its smooth its got some weight to it too. and its lightly carbed so that also aids drinkability.

definately a good brew. 9/10 if i could find it i'd buy a case of it.

my only niggle with it is the wax seal i nearly got wax in my pint.

My everyday beer is Corona. Dos Equis is another of my favorites. I also enjoy Land Shark if I can get my hands on it. I don't care much for the domestic beers. The first time for all three beers were in the Carribean.

My favorite beer overall is Kona Longboard which is unfortunately only available in Hawaii. It's a great lager that's very smooth and has just a hint of spice. I apparently need to vacation there more often.

Ryan

1. Free
2. Cold

In all seriousness, I enjoy Christian Moerlein Barbarossa, a local Cincinnati craft beer.

Excellent!

My favorite is probably Anchor Steam (San Francisco) because of sentimental reasons (met my wife whilst enjoying one).

But...there is nothing like free ice cold anything on a hot day.:w00t:

Chimay grand reserve is good stuff. Local to Kansas City I like Boulevard Wheat, Pale Ale and Bully Porter.

proxy.php

brown pour. dark red body fluffy tan head that stays and laces well

taste bitter dark chocolate and coffee nothing too extraordinary

mouthfeel. its thick and bitter the carbonation is over the top which makes it hard to drink. one or two would be the max.

6/10 i'd have it again but i wouldent specificaly search for it

well i difrent one today!
proxy.php

pour BOOOOOM HEADSH- oh wiat. pours like organic apple juice. laces really well and head lasts forever.

aroma yeasty bready

taste tangy bready citrus and yeasty sligtly bitter on the finish

body smooth but larger body. carbonation is fairly high its easy to drink but not exactly my favorite.

rating the flavor profile isent exactly my thing but it is really good. i'd give it a 7.5/10 personaly. but its deserving of a 8.5/10 for someone who enjoys that style.

another one from halfpints
proxy.php

apearance cloudy amber and huge head that fades down to a 1/4 finger skim small amount of lace.

aroma citrusy beer smell

taste fruity tangyness almost no bitter feels more like a cider than a beer.

body medum body'ed and high carbonation but its smooth enough to drink a few
7/10

I like two local beers: Alfa from Schinnen (NL) and Gulpener from Gulpen (NL). And the range of St. Bernardus (B): Pater, Prior, Abt.
And quite a lot more, actually, depending on weather, location, availability, mood......

ok two today
garison IIPA
proxy.php

pour amber small head
aroma fruity
taste fruityness goes into bitter HOPS!!! lots of bitter hop
its a bit to bitter to sesh
7.5 personaly but hop heads may rate higher.

and the other one
proxy.php

pour its chocolate brown head is non existant.

aroma dark malts

flavor malty molasas then a small hit of hops.
drinability etremely smooth
not terably complex but its a solid beer.
8/10

and for a bonus
i didcided to combine the two to see if they could balance each other out
and you know what they do make something a bit better the dark ale lends the maltyness and tames down the whack of hops
so it make a decently balanced beer. the hops still are a bit overpowering though.

I was in Portland, OR last month and stopped in Full Sail Brewing, which was just down the way from our hotel room. I asked the bartender what was on tap (English style where they are literally pulled (drawn) from the keg. I asked what was up and he said this was a cask beer (a.k.a, "real beer" by the English). I wish I could remember exactly what it was, but it was unlike anything I'd ever had before; rich, full, and very, very smooth. I've always liked Guinness, but this was an entirely different thing. "Regular" beer, from a "regular" tap, just doesn't exicte anymore (that's not to say I won't drink it), but I now seek bars that carry cask beer and will choose that first over any other beer in the bar.

Here's a pretty great site that will help you find the pot at the end of the rainbow in your state: http://www.cask-ale.co.uk/us/cask-beer-finder-america.html

You won't ever look at beer the same again.

ok now on for a revisit of youngs double chocolate stout
proxy.php

pour brown with a half finger of head pitch black with a halo of red

aroma cofee and chocolate.

taste coffee dark malts that melt in your mouth into lovely smooth chocolate.

its dark and smooth but its still chewy like a good stout i could see a few of these going down realy well.

9/10 i remember now why i liked this so much.

ok now on for a revisit of youngs double chocolate stout
proxy.php

pour brown with a half finger of head pitch black with a halo of red

aroma cofee and chocolate.

taste coffee dark malts that melt in your mouth into lovely smooth chocolate.

its dark and smooth but its still chewy like a good stout i could see a few of these going down realy well.

9/10 i remember now why i liked this so much.

That is a fantastic beer! I've never seen it with that color label though. Usually the orange and purple.

well an other re visit
this ones samuel smiths imperial stout
proxy.php

pour is brown but in the glass its black you can see small amounts of red comeing though the center when held to light 1.5 finger head that stays a while and laces well

aroma dark malts

taste burnt malts and a kick of alcoholl but its not unplesent

drinkability its a heavy chewy stout so dont expect many to go down

i'd give it a 8/10 now that i'v got more stouts under my belt its gone down in the ranks still great but not as great as others.

Top Bottom