What's new

olive oil soap on the face

Obviously using regular soap on the face isn't the best thing for it, but would using an olive oil soap have the same negative effect? I'm just looking for something to clean my face with on the days between oil cleanings.

I've used a KMF olive oil soap and did enjoy it. However, I have dry skin and read somewhere that soaps aren't best for that kind of skin. It would be worth a shot if you don't have dry skin.

I've used a KMF olive oil soap and did enjoy it. However, I have dry skin and read somewhere that soaps aren't best for that kind of skin. It would be worth a shot if you don't have dry skin.

I just picked up a bar of KMF olive oil soap at the local health store. I am going to try it soon.

I am not trying to be a soap tease... :lol: I really will try it!

I use olive oil soap everyday on my face. You will see an improvement of your skin over all the detergent based cleansers out there. It the best and I will not use anything else on my face besides the occasional Dr. Bronners.

I picked up some KMF Olive Oil soap today. Good stuff. Doesn't smell very good though.

I don't even like using Dove soap on my face, as it seems to dry out the skin. Didn't seem to have that problem w/ KMF though.

I picked up some KMF Olive Oil soap today. Good stuff. Doesn't smell very good though.

+1 on the smell. KMF Olive used to be my go-to soap before I got into wet-shaving ... I didn't like the smell back then, either, but the 8oz bar of KMF seemed to last forever, and I wasn't going to just throw it away.

I still have a small travel-sized puck of KMF Olive on the counter in the bathroom, but I rarely use it.

The soap I reach for now is Neutrogena ... some will disagree, but I love the way it smells, and it whips up incredible amounts of lather.

At work, I use a tube of Nivea Double-Acting Face Wash ... technically, not a soap, but it does a great job to freshen me up during the course of the work-day.

I've had no problems using any olive oil soaps on my face, to be honest.

I like the Body Shop one a lot. I think it smells great and works superbly. Plus, it's easy to find and not insanely expensive.

Actually, I need to correct myself:

I'm using KMF "Olive Oil and Aloe" soap (about $2 for the bar).

I still think it smells bad, but my face does feel better a mere 3 days later.

Top Bottom