What's new

Old School?

I want to get some of the forum's thoughts on the following. It seems to me that the lost art of shaving is just a drop in the bucket of a larger problem. Basically, the average male isn't a man anymore.

I'm young by most standards, just turned 27. However, I see the problem everywhere I go. We have a generation of young males that have no idea what it means to be male. All I see are the polar extremes of macho and wussie. All spine and no heart or all heart and no spine. Being a man isn't about holding doors or making a lot of money. Its so much more than that. Its about knowing how to lead. Lead yourself and others. Its about standing up for whats important to you. Being strong to be able to help those that cant help themselves and not about being strong to take what you want for yourself.

One more thought on leading. I dot mean to dominate and tell others how it should be done. I mean setting an example to be aspired to by others!

And it always seems to lead to this. A word of advice to the single men out there. All they want is a real man. You just need to man up and be that man.

And it always seems to lead to this. A word of advice to the single men out there. All they want is a real man. You just need to man up and be that man.

I fully agree. I am 22, and most of my friends think that my old-fashioned tendencies are weird, but my girlfriend loves them, and that is what really counts!

I've noticed it more and more at my work (or rather, around others I've met through my work). Few people really seem to have any convictions that they stand behind. Most everyone has become very passive in life it seems.

I know I sometimes have issues with that as well. I often know what I'd like to say and/or do, but it either seems that it would be futile or have too many negative reprecussions.

Top Bottom