What's new

Dutch/Belgian members, where have the Hema DE blades gone????

Just checked the HEMA in the Kinkerstraat (Amsterdam) ... no DE blades to be found, and what's more worrisome, also no empty rack where they are supposed to be. I'll check a few filialen more tomorrow. So far this does not look promising.

Yep, same here in the 'Rijnmond', I checked a few stores in around Rotterdam, no blades to be found....

Hooray hooray! Went to the Hema store in downtown Hasselt, and luck was on my side! Although repositioned, I found ~20 or so packs of DE blades. I bought 5 of them, just to be sure!
(There's a price difference in Belgium however, overhere, they cost 1,50 euros / pack - in the Netherlands 1,35 if I'm correct :rolleyes: )

Hooray hooray! Went to the Hema store in downtown Hasselt, and luck was on my side! Although repositioned, I found ~20 or so packs of DE blades. I bought 5 of them, just to be sure!
(There's a price difference in Belgium however, overhere, they cost 1,50 euros / pack - in the Netherlands 1,35 if I'm correct :rolleyes: )

repositioned to where?

Further reporting from Amsterdam. Today I was in the HEMA Nieuwendijk and in the HEMA Kalverstraat (Kalvertoren). In both cases: no DE blades in stock. However, in both cases there was an empty rack for the DE blades. And there were lots of empty racks for other stuff in the shaving supplies section as well. I asked a girl in the Kalverstraat HEMA about the DE blades and she said that they should be back in stock again ... so perhaps there is hope after all.

I just received an email from their customer service, stating that they cannot tell when the blades will be in store again, due to delivery problems.

So, I guess it's just a matter of time, and that the blades will not be discontinued.

There is hope ! :biggrin:

I just received an email from their customer service, stating that they cannot tell when the blades will be in store again, due to delivery problems.

So, I guess it's just a matter of time, and that the blades will not be discontinued.

I just received the same email from Hema.

Might be they have another manufacturer. I stopped buying them about 10 years ago because the quality was all over the place and every package had a few great blades and a constant growing number of non-starters. Bought another package a couple of months ago and cannot say anything about consistency yet but the blade has a very different "feel" about it.
I cannot believe they are from the same factory as the ones I bought a decade ago. So I am curious if you guys could notice a difference.

Might be they have another manufacturer. I stopped buying them about 10 years ago because the quality was all over the place and every package had a few great blades and a constant growing number of non-starters. Bought another package a couple of months ago and cannot say anything about consistency yet but the blade has a very different "feel" about it.
I cannot believe they are from the same factory as the ones I bought a decade ago. So I am curious if you guys could notice a difference.

The current blades are said to be made in Israel, they're same blades as English retailer Tesco sells.

The HEMA DE blades are back. I saw them today in the HEMA Kalverstraat in Amsterdam, now for € 1.50 instead of € 1.35.

So, no need to worry about them being discontinued yet.

The idea of shaving with a DE called HEMA is kind of morbid; HEMA means blood in Greek and Old Egyptian... :blush:

Yes, they're back! I just returned from the Hema store in Rotterdam city centre and they stock them.

One question... Why would you buy the HEMA blades? All I know, they are cheap. Not very good...

For the record, I live above the HEMA in Breda.. Should I ever run out of blades, I guess I'll have to sample them.

Top Bottom