What's new

Looking For Some Christmas Ideas

Hello all,

I am still pretty new to the straight razor business I have been using a Merkur progress, a C&E BBB, Proraso cream and Old Spice aftershave for about 3 months now.

I have been wanting to make some additions to my shaving repertoire but there are a few things standing in my way. I am a grad student so money is pretty tight, I am a hands on kind of guy, I would prefer to try something or at the least handle something before I buy it but because of where I am located the internet is my only option and finally I really don’t know where to go from here. :confused:

My family has been asking what to get me for Christmas and shaving supplies is the only thing that comes to mind. There is just so much out there I don’t know what products to research any opinions or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Its easier to make some shaving decisions when we can see, touch, and smell..But when we can't, B&B "reviews" may provide some inspiration..You can always watch the buying and selling activity in BST..

HTH,

jss

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Welcome!

Why not tell us what you have in your kit right now, and we can see if we can spot any holes that need filling. :biggrin:

Welcome!

Why not tell us what you have in your kit right now, and we can see if we can spot any holes that need filling. :biggrin:

Sorry it took me so long to reply. In my kit I have a C&E BBB, Proraso cream and Old Spice aftershave

My friend you have a black hole in your kit. I don't really know where to begin. Maybe everyone else can chime in but a price category would be a good place to start. So lets begin;

Under $10
Van Der Hagen Deluxe Shave soap
Aqua Vela Aftershave
Clubman Aftershave

Under $25
Tabac Soap (my favorite)
Lucky Tiger Aftershave toner
C&E Senna Shave Cream
The Body Shop Shave Cream

My friend you have a black hole in your kit. I don't really know where to begin. Maybe everyone else can chime in but a price category would be a good place to start. So lets begin;

Under $10
Van Der Hagen Deluxe Shave soap
Aqua Vela Aftershave
Clubman Aftershave

Under $25
Tabac Soap (my favorite)
Lucky Tiger Aftershave toner
C&E Senna Shave Cream
The Body Shop Shave Cream

Thak you for the insight it is greatly appericated.

Thanks to the mindless, greedy triumverate of Georgie, Dickie, and McCan't, most people will be asking Santa for a home, car, food, heating oil, and yes, student loans. But I'm not picky...a puck of MWF will do.

Thanks to the mindless, greedy triumverate of Georgie, Dickie, and McCan't, most people will be asking Santa for a home, car, food, heating oil, and yes, student loans. But I'm not picky...a puck of MWF will do.

MWF?:confused:

Top Bottom