What's new

Acquisitions September 22 - 28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Score from my visit to Venice ... the Proraso pre/post costs € 3.20 in the supermarket in Venice and € 8.50 if I buy it in Amsterdam.

By no means a "score", but stuff I got anyway....

100 Russian Gillette 7 O'Clock blades came in today's mail, and I had to get a bottle of Adidas after shave for no other reason than that I run.

A New Improved dated to 1921. The first year of production I believe. Scored it at a local flea market. It has the infamous stress crack on the handle too.

A New Improved dated to 1921. The first year of production I believe. Scored it at a local flea market. It has the infamous stress crack on the handle too.

Decided to give it a polish with nevr-dull. Was very surprised it turned out so well. It looks like the QC inspector was sleeping when this one came past...the patent date at the bottom of the handle is double stamped.

You must have the world's biggest Tabac stockpile :biggrin:

+1. I think i have seen at least one Tabac post from Stauff on every score thread. By now he is sure to have the entire Tabac line of products. It's high time we changed the "Speick-en Sie Deutsches" title.

Okay, how good rapport must one have for this to happen.
Yesterday I walk into the local antique store in the town I work in, and this, more or less, is the ensuing conversation:
"Hey Jim, I found some more goodies for you, but I forgot them at that house"
*("that house" refers to a house which she has recently gone through for an estate sale - another plus, she sets aside shaving goodies for me before putting them in her store)
"ah, oh well..."
"tell you what, here's the key, why don't you go get them"

:confused::w00t::biggrin:

so there I am, going to this house, thinking how crazy is this, but not gonna complain. here's the score:

proxy.php

after some picking through, here's the good stuff:
proxy.php

all of these items are at least 17 years old, minimum.
I'd never heard of Old Spice Leather, the glass bottles are really cool, have a kind of texture to them.
Notice the Old Spice ship on the silver "flask"
I don't know anything about the "Aramis" or "Royal Copenhagen", but hung onto them in case anyone here did.
Oops, forgot to add: that is a Gillette Techmatic, and a D2 Super Speed

Just got this today from Bernd at shavemac: Speick SC, SS, and a custom 23mm genuine horn brush with special silvertip:w00t:

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom