What's new

Acquisitions September 22 - 28

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a light week. I picked up a tube of Tom's Calendula, KMF Lavender, and KMF Unscented for the wife. (She has allergies)

That's a shining beauty of a Fatboy. May I ask what you payed for it?
Just over €40 (~$65). Perhaps too much, but it was cleaned, in mint condition (I can't find any blemish or damage), with case and 4 blades. Ordering online always has a element of risk, no matter how small. If you are interested, I think he has more but I am sure he has a Super Speed in the same condition.

Reading about the FB here and his recommendation won me over. Unfortunatly I was careless with my Futur and old blade (stupid..) that morning so I had to wait for my face to heal a bit. The first (and only) shave was very nice, a totally different feel than a HD. Feels more protected and slices differently. Downside, I can't hear the hairs being cut unlike with the HD, so no audio feedback on blade angle. Can't wait to my shave tomorrow morning. :lol:

I didn't think I would go down the "antique" path, but I'm really glad I did.

Just over €40 (~$65). Perhaps too much, but it was cleaned, in mint condition (I can't find any blemish or damage), with case and 4 blades. Ordering online always has a element of risk, no matter how small. If you are interested, I think he has more but I am sure he has a Super Speed in the same condition.

Reading about the FB here and his recommendation won me over. Unfortunatly I was careless with my Futur and old blade (stupid..) that morning so I had to wait for my face to heal a bit. The first (and only) shave was very nice, a totally different feel than a HD. Feels more protected and slices differently. Downside, I can't hear the hairs being cut unlike with the HD, so no audio feedback on blade angle. Can't wait to my shave tomorrow morning. :lol:

I didn't think I would go down the "antique" path, but I'm really glad I did.

I think you got a nice deal on a fatboy in that great of a condition:001_smile

Great score man! It pays to let people know what you into!
no kidding!
first haul, cleaned up...
proxy.php

funny how similar Old Spice Leather and English Leather look similar; notice color similarities between the colognes and AS's
proxy.php

new score, same place...

proxy.php

anyone got info on these items:
proxy.php

I know the stuff on the left is Avon products, the glass cologne bottle withstanding, the other stuff came in the tin, Black Suede if I recall correctly. The label on the Avon col. starts Clin....then the letters fading
what about the other items?
I'm thinking of shipping them to anyone who wants to pay the shipping on them, but the Aramis is kinda growing on me
I'm not sure how old the stuff in the 2nd haul is, like I said before the 1st is for sure 17+

Update & Edit: as a result of several inquiries, I realize my clarity was lacking: I'm hanging on to the Old Spice and English Leather stuff, but the Avon, Royal Copenhagen, Aramis and (HUGE) Jovan Musk I'm willing to part with, all you pay is shipping if you want it.

I remember Aramis - I used to use it as a teenager - it used to sting like hell :eek: on my inexpertly shaved - should I say flayed face but the odor was great - girls loved it!
Cordially, AvT.

Nice score.

"Royal Copenhagen" is a famours porcelain manufacturer in Denmark; http://www.royalcopenhagen.com/

The three waves, as seen on the label of the bottle, is the logo of the company - together with the Danish royal crown.

The lion is simular to the three lions seen in the Danish badge of state.

The pattern below the lion is a pattern that can be found as decoration on many of Royal Copenhagen's pruducts.

The Cologne is still available, there are a few diffrent kinds actually. But the label is diffrent today.

Regards.

Jakob

Nice score.

"Royal Copenhagen" is a famours porcelain manufacturer in Denmark; http://www.royalcopenhagen.com/

The three waves, as seen on the label of the bottle, is the logo of the company - together with the Danish royal crown.

The lion is simular to the three lions seen in the Danish badge of state.

The pattern below the lion is a pattern that can be found as decoration on many of Royal Copenhagen's pruducts.

The Cologne is still available, there are a few diffrent kinds actually. But the label is diffrent today.

Regards.

Jakob

I have used Royal Copenhagen for 25+ years, it is blue, not green. I am sure the stuff in your bottle isn't true any longer.

+1 I used Royal Copenhagen for the past 10 years or so (I'm only 26) and it has always been, and still is, blue.

I have used Royal Copenhagen for 25+ years, it is blue, not green. I am sure the stuff in your bottle isn't true any longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom