What's new

Acquisitions September 22 - 28

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figure it's time I start showing some of my acquisitions... This week so far...

Very nice! I see at least two that I was apparently competing with you on. Congratulations on an amazing haul!

edit: what is the one sitting on top of the Norfolk case?

Is that an injector lurking in the background? Nice find, especially the plastic ones!

It's actually an Enders speed shaver that came in a lot I bought for the Babasol razor. Whoever it belonged to liked it apparently as it came with a bunch of blades.

The ones in the plastic cases are Fasan razors from Germany. I'm not sure on the age, but I've heard there are not many open comb slants around except these types so I jumped on them. I'm looking forward to carefully trying them out...

edit: what is the one sitting on top of the Norfolk case?

It's marked Palmiera and is aluminum. I don't know much about it but bought it b/c it's different...

I figure it's time I start showing some of my acquisitions... This week so far...

Nice haul Tom..... Here are a couple of my finds for the week. My biggest was the No Notch/No Date code SS. Been looking for a while. Also the Old Style Gillette Travel case. I couldn't resist that one. Maybe paid a little more than I should have, but the razor is in great condition.... You should also recognize one of the razor's in my lot also.... Thanks again..

Oh sorry about the quality of the photo. I will never be a photographer so....

proxy.php

A couple nice AS/EDT combos. Speick and Sagebrush.

proxy.php

And for you history buffs, I was looking for stamps and came across this Gillette mailer that was sent from Gillette Amsterdam headed for Gillette Boston in 1941 but was intercepted by the German Military of the time just before the major outbreak of WWII. Needless to say I not only collect Gillette razors but also memorabilia and items of Gillette.

proxy.php
proxy.php

Todays score is one I think is worth mentioning .

I usually don't post my scores so here you go fellas

Note only 2 of the Penhaligons are mine . I was hoping to buy more but this is all they had on the counter . all of the boxes are in the wooden bowls they had no refills left

full

I was not going to buy this but the sales girl was smoking hot and she laid it on pretty thick I just could not resist . Boy did I get an ear full on the ride home from my wife because of the salesgirl :lol: At first I did not notice but my wife says I was flirting up a storm much more then I usually do :blushing:

In case you cant read it this is Imperiale By Guerlain
full

So now I had to suck up and buy some thing for my wife since I spent all that cash on myself

so I picked her up "My insolence" by Guerlain . If your SO likes sweet floral scents this is a fantastic scent it is pretty sweet almost smells like candy . Maybe when I get out of the dog house because of my flirting my wife will put some on for me :wink:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I received all of these in the mail today:

Dirty Bird Scuttle (Thanks to B R A N D X ®)
TSD Vetiver SS - smells really good
Anherb After Shave Conditioner
Old Spice Classic AS

I went to Paul Kox' shop in Breukelen today. Unfortunatly I couldn't take the time I planned because of a stupid traffic jam, but I did make a nice score.. He is such an enabler just like the rest of you! But really helpfull and knowledgable. Next time I'll try the straight razor shave too.

- Fatboy 1960 w/ case and Gillette blades. Mint (or very close).
- Dr. Harris His
- Truefitt & Hill shaving cream West Indian Limes
- Mama Bear's Spellbound Woods

And he gave me some testers too, very nice!
Mama bear: Mandarin Ice, Amazon, Glenwood Drive
T&H: Trafalgar, 1805, West Indian Limes, Grafton

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I ordered one of the Blenheim Bouquet and one of the English Fern. Saks told me it should arrive by Wednesday. I'll just use Nick's picture. :biggrin:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to Paul Kox' shop in Breukelen today. Unfortunatly I couldn't take the time I planned because of a stupid traffic jam, but I did make a nice score.. He is such an enabler just like the rest of you! But really helpfull and knowledgable. Next time I'll try the straight razor shave too.

- Fatboy 1960 w/ case and Gillette blades. Mint (or very close).
- Dr. Harris His
- Truefitt & Hill shaving cream West Indian Limes
- Mama Bear's Spellbound Woods

And he gave me some testers too, very nice!
Mama bear: Mandarin Ice, Amazon, Glenwood Drive
T&H: Trafalgar, 1805, West Indian Limes, Grafton

That's a shining beauty of a Fatboy. May I ask what you payed for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom