What's new

Thank You to Alex....a.k.a.....Philadelph

Just wanted to say Thanks to Alex.

Alex generously agreed to rescale my B&B LE Le Grelot with Paua shell from New Zealand.

This is the shell material that PRS Guitars uses for the inlays on their ultra high-end Artist Package and Private Stock guitars and is extremely colorful versus abalone.

The turnaround was lighting fast. I have no idea how such a beautiful set of scales can be made so quickly, but it's Black Magic as far as I'm concerned.

I received the razor yesterday and the scales he crafted are absolutely flawless.

The design is simple yet elegant with perfect symmetry, dead-on alignment and action that is as smooth as buttah.

This will be a razor to enjoy for a very, very long time. Maybe if either of my daughters have sons I'll even have someone to pass it on to.:wink:

Thanks Alex........Beautiful work!

Sorry for the narrow depth-of-field..........shot in very low light.:redface::
proxy.php

Very cool pic and razor :w00t:
But I´m still curious, where Alex found a piece of paua in the right size for scales???

Thanks all for the comments. As for the paua, I'm not sure where Alex sourced it and I have no idea how difficult it is to work with. I would think that it would flake easily, but without having seen the original sheet of material I'm not sure about that either. Does make for a beautiful set of scales though.

Honestly, I'm finding it almost too pretty to actually use for fear of dropping it in the sink, but I guess I'll need to get over that.

Top Bottom