What's new

Older Tiger Straight Razor

I recently got from a flea market a Tiger Straight razor. I can’t seem to find anything about it online. It has black, plastic-ish scales with an ivoryoid wedge. It also has a tiger emblem on one of the scales with a tiger above it inlayed in brass. On one side of the shank it says (53 TIGER) and on the other side it says (MANUFACTURED BY LAUTERJUNG & Co SOLINGEN-GERMANY). It shaves like a dream but the main reason I bought it was because it came with a box. Its brown cardboard with silver lettering on it. It says (WM. S. McDOWEL 3022 N. HOWARD ST. PHILADELPHIA, PA. Made in Germany) and on the lid it has a spear point with the word SPEAR inside it, plus No 11. When you take off the lid it reviles a paper that states (This razor is sharp and ready for shaving. It has been thoroughly inspected and found to be in perfect condition Broken or misused razors will not be replaced.)
I would appreciate any info on this, and also any tips on how to track down info on it. If you want pictures just say so and ill post some. Thankyou, Corn Likker Carson

Hi - Lauterjung was founded 1813 in Solingen, Germany. It is still very much in existence - in 1922 the trademark 'Puma' was registered by Lauterjung & SOhn, Solingen. Puma knives (and razors!) are quite well respected! You have a good piece, no doubt of that!

Top Bottom