What's new

Major local find

Yesterday I went to our town square on my way home from work. I usually pick up some baked goodies from our village baker for the weekend and browse whatever shops are open. One of my favorite stops is a gift & antique place. One of the ladies that runs it knows me as the razor & fountain pen guy.

I checked the usual display case in the shop and saw the same stuff that was there a few weeks ago...no good shaving finds. Then I checked a case that I haven't paid attention to. Tucked away in the back was a Fat Boy in case with blades. The lady at the counter gave me the key to open the case and I bought it quickly. $20.

She said the case was now occupied by a new dealer, who is moving to a retirement home & cleaning out her house. She's going to keep an eye out for "my" stuff. In addition, she said she's finally starting to go through her dad's old stuff in the attic and knows he has some good razors. She's going to hold that stuff for me too. It means a lot that someone would hold their dad's old stuff specifically for me...I assume she knows it will go to a good home and be cared for and used. :001_smile

Top Bottom