What's new

tired of bourbon

Speaking of Rum, just tried this and found it very smooth: "Tommy Bahama Golden Sun Rum". Golden Sun spends at least three years aging, producing a golden liquid color. It has aromas of vanilla, brown sugar, coffee, roasted nuts, and pralines. Had a very smooth mouth-feel, but full body. I liked the vanilla and caramel flavor that lingered in my mouth... was a bit expensive at 30.00 a bottle, but was a nice break from my usual Myers Dark Rum and Coke.

well so far Ive bought 2 rums.the first was Bacardi anejo from Mexico and it was great on the rocks and the other is Ron Medellin anejo and so far I'm not impressed with the Ron still have half the bottle though will give it another try later.

well so far Ive bought 2 rums.the first was Bacardi anejo from Mexico and it was great on the rocks and the other is Ron Medellin anejo and so far I'm not impressed with the Ron still have half the bottle though will give it another try later.

Did you drink the first half in one sitting? :eek: The hangover may be what you were not impressed with. :wink: I have never tried Ron Medellin so I have no idea if you got a skunked bottle or what. I do know a way of getting rid of rum that I don't like: daiquiris.:a54:

I can't understand being tired of bourbon, but I will occasionally dip into the gin ocean. I find it tends to have an equally complex flavour to bourbon that makes it suitable for drinking straight, on some ice, or with a bit of seltzer. GnTs might be considered girly but are undeniably delicious. I recently had te opportunity to partake of a bottle of Glenfiddich and a bit before that, an expansive host's Laphroaig, both of which opened my eyes to the beautiful world of wishing I could afford nice scotch.

Upon the fall of the first snow, this old drunk switches to vodka mode. No vodka tonic, no rocks, no water, no lemon or lime or any other damn fruit. Just give me the bottle and leave me the hell alone...................... :tongue:

Top Bottom