What's new

M.U.G. Mesa, AZ

Mens Ultimate Grooming. Superstition Springs Mall, Mesa. Upper deck near JC Pennys.

This store is listed in some other Phoenix related posts, but thought I'd offer a quick update as I was just in there a week ago. The store is split between a products section and a salon. They do offer wet shaves but using a Mach3; something to do w/ strict AZ health laws. The products section is rather sparse, but there are a few goodies to be had. The website carries a larger selection.

I saw several Col. Conk badger brushes in varying styles and prices as well as Amber and Almond Conk pucks. A couple Dovo straight razors that looked nice. A few Merkur DE's including a real nice Futur. Some eshave soaps/creams. Anthonys logistics creams. (I got samplers of those last two but haven't used them yet). Then he has a bunch of what I call the Foo Foo brands: Woodys and Jack Black to name a couple. Lots of different soaps, creams, shampoos, splashes and so on in those brands. I won't be trying any but somebody might like to.

I talked a bit to the gal behind the counter. Apparently this is his only brick and mortar location so far, but he wants to get more up and running. I told her she sould really push him to carry some of the old English stuff; 3-T's and so on. She said during the holidays the gift selection will increase and some of those products may be available. I'll be checking back sometime after Turkey Day me thinks. The subject of B&B came up and she had heard of us as a few past store patrons were also members (you guys still here?) Overall if you're in the Mesa area on business or if you live out this way, it's a store worth checking out just to browse the stock.

The subject of B&B came up and she had heard of us as a few past store patrons were also members (you guys still here?)

LOL I regularly go there for my haircuts, and I talk with Misty in there all the time about shaving. Apparently they may stop carrying the eshave line and pick up Art of Shaving... which to me I like both creams, so it may be a good change.

I sent an email to them on the website requesting they start carrying some more of "our" products: good soaps/creams, better brushes, better selection of AS's and razors etc. I'm sure he's concerned about getting stuck w/ a bunch of product nobody but a few will buy. Frankly he may well be right but it would be nice if he stocked even a few things.

If any PHX area guys check this, go to their website and send a product request email. Maybe if he got enough of them he'd take a risk just to shut us up :biggrin:.

Top Bottom