What's new

Your Favorite Mustard

I prepared some sausages tonight, and the most enjoyable part of the experience for me (other than the eating of said sausages, of course) was opening the fridge and choosing an appropriate mustard.

Which begs the question -- what's your favorite mustard?

I'll start. For an ordinary yellow table mustard, I'm partial to Haendlmaier's mittelscharfer (medium strength). Sadly, I haven't been able to find a source as of yet in the US.
proxy.php

For an adulterated mustard, I absolutely love Blue Crab Bay Company's Horseradish Mustard. Great stuff.
proxy.php

Your turn! :smile:

You might try tracking down some stores that specialize in importing german food products.

Here's one i came across:
http://german-gourmet.com/

Thanks Joel. That's one's within driving distance, so I'll give it a try -- maybe this weekend, since my supply is getting perilously low!

Edit: Upon further inspection, they list some shave products (e.g. Speick) on their product list, as well. This could be a dangerous place...

I'm pretty fond of good 'ol Grey Pupon. I've tried some fancy dijons with french all over the label, and generally find them a bit salty for my taste.

Otherwise, Gulden's Spicy Brown, or a nice horseradish deli mustard.

I'm pretty fond of good 'ol Grey Pupon. I've tried some fancy dijons with french all over the label, and generally find them a bit salty for my taste.

Otherwise, Gulden's Spicy Brown, or a nice horseradish deli mustard.

Ditto. I'm a big mustard fan. I like just about any kind you throw at me. But spicy brown or those w/ horseradish are my favs.

Top Bottom