What's new

Have you ever seen a guy in a wheelchair riding a motorcycle?

I snapped this picture on Highway 41 in Fresno a couple of years ago. I was looking through old files today and came across it. If you can't tell from the pic, this gentleman modified an old Honda CB750 to allow him to ride while in his wheelchair...platform to hold the chair, relocated controls, etc.

I remember having a smile on my face for the rest of the day after taking this picture. That kind of indomitable spirit and ingenuity impresses me so much...I wish I could have met the guy.

I sent the picture to my dad who's an Occupational Therapist...he told me he keeps an 8x10 of it on the clipboard he uses to take notes when he sees patients. He told me he loves to share it with patients that are dealing with life-altering injuries or facing a long and arduous recovery process, to encourage them to pursue their lives to the fullest.

Like I said I came across this picture today after not seeing it for a while...I thought I'd share, in the hopes that it brings a smile to others faces as it has to mine.

proxy.php

Several companies (aftermarket) making bikes "wheel chair" enabled. I've seen several around.. I'm pleased at the manufacturers for giving the folks that are confined to a wheel chair that feeling of freedom you get from a bike!

Wayne

Top Bottom