What's new

Good hair comb?

I just throw gel in my hands, and use my fingers-- a bit spikey, but not sloppy, no need for combs! :biggrin:

I choose a comb just like I choose my women. Not too old, lots of teeth, and er...bigger at one end than the other? :confused:

ClassicShaving.com sells some good quality, reasonably priced horn combs. Also, on ShopLondons.com you can take a look at the KENT cellulose acetate combs (cheaper than horn).

I'd never fork out the cash for a horn comb - however, I do really like my Kent comb, wich, while more expensive than any other comb I've purchased (around $10) is quite nice.

I actually think the plastic comb shown above is quite good and I have a travel verson that folds flat - about $1 for either at most pharmacies.

Truth be told I prefer a brush and have an inexpensive natural bristle brush that is great (about $6 at the local CVS/Wallgreens), but I keep looking at the Kent brushes, which are stunners.

+ 1 on Kent. I have a rebranded TOBS one and I'm perfectly happy with it.
Sägemann from Germany make excellent ones as well.

you want the teeth to have nice rounded ends that won't scratch, spacing of the teeth is important as well as the length of the teeth (longer hair needs longer teeth)

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
ClassicShaving.com sells some good quality, reasonably priced horn combs. Also, on ShopLondons.com you can take a look at the KENT cellulose acetate combs (cheaper than horn).

I always associate combs with 'stick it in your pocket, cause a brush won't fit there' portability ... how does the true-horn comb stand up to being shoved into Levi's?

I always associate combs with 'stick it in your pocket, cause a brush won't fit there' portability ... how does the true-horn comb stand up to being shoved into Levi's?

Surprisingly well I find. I can't speak for the ClassicShaving pocket comb, but I have a been using a buffalo horn pocket comb I bought from "Rainbow Native Traders" on eBay. For the price these combs really can't be beat; they are made of a particularly thick piece of horn. I've been carrying the same one for nearly two years without any problem. I actually bought two more recently just to have some back-ups. If I am allowed, here is a link to their store:

http://search.stores.ebay.com/RAINB...ADERSQQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsaselZ19028165QQsofpZ0

Regardless, I find that all the horn combs I have have a certain springiness to them, so they are probably harder to break than than one might initially think.

Top Bottom