What's new

2 weeks - no shaving

In an act of legendary stupidity, I placed a bet with a bearded neighbor of mine. The wager was that he would shave off his beloved beard if my Detroit Lions would beat his Green Bay Packers. However, if they didn't I would have to grow a beard for a 2 week period following the game.

Now I have to live vicariously through your shaves until the 28th.

Stupid Lions.

In an act of legendary stupidity, I placed a bet with a bearded neighbor of mine. The wager was that he would shave off his beloved beard if my Detroit Lions would beat his Green Bay Packers. However, if they didn't I would have to grow a beard for a 2 week period following the game.

Look at it as an opportunity to hone 'n strop your straight razors, and quit whining!

:tongue::tongue::tongue:

Just think of it as setting yourself up for an incredible shave. I get awesome shaves after a weekend of not shaving, think of two whole weeks!

I think you're into striaghts more than DE if I recall correctly, but it would be a great time to bust out an open comb for that first pass too.

Was this deal made before or after they lost to the Falcons?

It was made at the end of the preseason. Being the Lions fan that I am, I thought we "looked better" in the preseason. Again, the ultimate letdown team in the NFL never fails to deliver. Pathetoriffic!

So what are the chances that you'll take to bearded ways and unload some of those lovely straights I see in you SOTD posts?:lol:

Erick, See the upside: You'll get to experience how easily a straight mows down a lot of growth.

Maybe conduct an experiment - one side straight, one side DE or something like that.

Again, the ultimate letdown team in the NFL never fails to deliver.

As a long-standing Saints fan I can offer a strong challenge to the ultimate letdown team. Just take last weekend for example -- the Saints blow a 4th quarter lead via a 67 yard touchdown pass. :frown: At least you guys had Barry Sanders for a few years.

Top Bottom