Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday, after 50-60 kilos on the MTB

Gillette '58 TV / Derby blade
Rooney Emillion
Institut Karite soap
DR Harris: Pink + Milk (50/50 premix)
Le Labo Rose 31 EdP

The IK was nice today. I still don't know whether to call it "lather" or moisturizing cream. That notwithstanding, it's some slick stuff!

I've been experimenting with a small splash bottle of Harris Pink and Milk (new formula) mixed 50/50. So far, I'm liking it. It has a nice consistency, a great fragrance and a pale pink color.

I like the story of the shave more than simply writing down the list of stuff I had used. Therefor.. My Shave Of The Day. :lol:

When I saw my touristy Alcatraz replica mug it gave me an idea. It's the perfect weight, balance and size as a lather bowl! The smooth inside isn't as perfect as I would like, but not everything can be perfect. And to stick with the San Francisco theme, I used the Nancy Boy signature cream and cooling after shave gel. It's something I save for special occasions because I can't get refills (Europe).

Also, the prisoners in Alcatraz didn't shave with hot water (I presume), so it was the perfect moment to try the 'cold' shave I recently read about here at B&B. Since I started to wetshave properly, I've been using warm lather every day. But the cold prop, cold lather and cold razor weren't as pleasant as I had guess. I have to admit the result was very good, but I can get this smooth with warm lather too. Next time, I'll use warm lather again, but this is quicker and didn't hurt the quality either. Cold shaving is good enough when I don't have bucket-loads of time for shaving.

Gillette Mach3 :w00t:
D.R.Harris Boar/Badger brush
T&H pre-shave oil
T&H Ultimate comfort shave cream
T&H Aftershave balm

I had the Mach3 gathering dust with a new blade at the back of the holder. Since i did not have the heart to throw it in the bin unused i decided to give it a go. One of the best shaves i have had.:eek: I guess for me the prep and technique seem's to be more important than the razor. Before you guys come after me with pitch forks let me be quite clear on this, you can not have my Merkur's or vintage Gillette's ............yet. :lol:

AOS Lavender SC
AOS Pure Badger Brush
Hoffritz Open Comb wih Red Pack Israeli
Alum
Mennen Skin Bracer
Proraso Post

attachment.php

Nice relaxing pic Chris. What kind of brush is that? The hair looks great!

Gillette Mach3 :w00t:
D.R.Harris Boar/Badger brush
T&H pre-shave oil
T&H Ultimate comfort shave cream
T&H Aftershave balm

I had the Mach3 gathering dust with a new blade at the back of the holder. Since i did not have the heart to throw it in the bin unused i decided to give it a go. One of the best shaves i have had.:eek: I guess for me the prep and technique seem's to be more important than the razor. Before you guys come after me with pitch forks let me be quite clear on this, you can not have my Merkur's or vintage Gillette's ............yet. :lol:

A little ironic that in your 2000th post you write that you had your best shave ever with a Mach 3. :biggrin:

Start with Hot Shower, Hugo Naturals Mexican Lime & Bergamot Soap, Head & Shoulders Citrus Shampoo/Conditioner 2 in 1
Razor: Merkur 33c
Brush: Omega Synthetic (didn't like)
Soap: Williams
Cream: Real Shave Company foe Sensitive Skin
Toner: none
AS/ASB: Canoe low alcohol AS
Cologne: Canoe

Shaving Soap: TGQ Provence Lavender (Facial steaming as pre-shave prep)
Shaving Brush: C&E BBB
Razor: W&B 11/16 Full Hollow
After Shave: Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel

Shaving Soap: Mama Bear Awakenings
Shaving Brush: C&E BBB
Razor/Blade: Gillette Red Tip/Wilkison Blade
After Shave:Thayers AF Toner W/Aloe Vera and Master Bay Rum

Hot shower
Prep pre-shave at beginning of shower
Simpson Duke 3 Best
King of Shaves Azor razor (Day 3)
AOS Sandalwood cream + Tryphon Menth-o-later
WWR
TSD Sandalwood Ice A/S splash
CWR
TSD Aqua Velva dupe balm + Mama Bear's Peppermint/Menthol milk
Knize Knize Ten EdT

Saturday

Merkur Long Handled Classic / Red Personna
Rooney Heritage Stubby 2
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Moss Scuttle

Merkur slant
Proraso cream
Simpson PJ2 super
MB peppermint balm
Moss scuttle

Hot water rinse 12 times
Proraso pre post for 10 minutes
two hot towels
Lather
shave 2 passes wtg, xtg

Not BBS but very good for a quick 15 minute shave. This could be my last post int the sotd forum for I am getting my new Henckels 8/8ths sharpened as we speak. As soon as I get it it will see the livi loom stop I bought. I got out of straights for a few months but could just not resist. The shaves are always more comfortable, and as long as I don't hone, things should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom