What's new

Which SE razor to try out?

As a few Pellas are on the way, where to start?
Got these three Ever-Ready razors and was stunned by the beauty of this early 50's British razor, garanteed for 10 years as printed on the leaflet.
One in a beatiful high quality made wooden case.
Can anyone date or type these 2 US razor?
Experiences with one of these are welcome.

Thanks,

on the top is a 1912 and a 1924. if youve ever shaved with a 1912 gem, its the same shave. the 1924 ever ready shaves a bit differently and it makes a sort of scraping sound which tends to turn people off.

I can't speak to that newer one . . . It is sure impressive looking though, but you can't go wrong if you go with the 1912. It may take a little getting used to if you're currently shaving with a DE, but once you get the hang of it, you should get a great shave.

To use the SE's, as a rule, you will want to keep the head pretty much flat against your face. That is the main thing to concentrate on that is different from the DE's.

Personally, I am a recent convert to SE's and the 1912 is the razor that showed me "the light". :w00t:

Regards,
Tom

The push button Gem you showed us in a previous post is also a great shaver.Once you master a Gem,you'll wonder why it took you so long to try one.:wink: Cheers Phil.:biggrin:

Very nice Erwin.
1. what year is the Jewell? I have seen thise in streamliner sets and it was then I wanted one.
2. how does it compare to the 1912 ER, 1924 ER, and perhaps the 1914?

I love the Jewell and it's case. I see my next SE razor :laugh:

I have just received an Ever Ready "Jewel" razor in its case to go with my matching stropper. It is certainly an impressive,solid razor,weighing 81 grams,which is heavier than a Fat Boy,and much better looking imho. I think it might be the heaviest Ever Ready,Gem razor available. Can't wait to give it a spin.:thumbup1::thumbup1:

Pending Spiny's review, it's semi-official that I must have one.

Spiny - that one I told you about with two stroppers (GEM Streamline set) was removed from display and vendor won't return dealer's calls

Top Bottom