What's new

The Graveyard!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
A simple enough idea ... when you use up a product, simply put a post in here about it. It seems that actually finishing something around here is a pretty rare occurance, and it might be worth a few comments about what you thought about the product, your plans to get more (or not, or you have a half-dozen already lined up).

No samples, no DE blades!

So far, I've finished ...

a puck of SCS 'fairway' shave soap (I have more pucks of SCS soap lying about, and will likely get more when my supplies are down.)

a bottle of T&H preshave oil. Meh. I'm not a preshave guy, just thought I was when I was a n00b.

a tub of TOBS avocado. Great stuff ... I have too many other tubs of cream (mostly TOBS) to get a new one now, but eventually ...

i've only used up a can of RFM shave gel through many years of shaving. (Mach3 with hot water for prep just doesn't use up many products...)

I have used up in the last 8 months:

- One tube of C. O. Bigelow (Proraso) shaving cream. What's not to like about Proraso? (Yeah, I know some guys don't like it . . . well, I'll be polite by not saying anything about them.:001_smile)

- One tube of C&E Sweet Almond Oil SC. Very nice product, easily obtainable, but now out of production. :mad:

- One tube of C&E Sienna SC. Also very nice (I did like the SAO just a tad more), but now also out of production (except for the over priced jar :frown:).

No AS or EdCs to add yet, although some glass bottle Old Spice AS and cologne will soon be added. As will a tube of Speick SC.

Coates Tea Tree...RIP... :crying:

J. Peterman 1904, Castle Forbes Limes: would buy again if on sale but not at current prices.

Speick: will definitely buy again once my inventory of other stuff starts getting nibbled away. Great stuff.

--Mark

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
How long did that tub of TOBS last you?. I have 5 tubs of TOBS and don't think I'll use them all up in this lifetime.
Once the lid cracked, I used it daily for a couple of months or so ...
Used-up stuff? Nobody told me we had to wait for something to be gone before buying new. I've got enough to last me through at least this decade. I won't soon be going to any funerals.

Quite true!

3 pucks of Williams
1 puck of Van Der Hagen deluxe
1 tube of Kiss My Face
2 pucks of Pirate's Cove soap
1 puck of Tabac
and 1 tube of proraso.

I really had to give this some thought.

1 tube Proraso.
1 tube Musgo.
1 bottle (small) AV.
1 jar Proraso pre/post
2, maybe 3, Palmolive Red (my first cream) when it was still sold.
1 puck Old Spice soap (it is really quite good)
1 puck MFW.

I've finally managed to finish a puck of Crabtree and Evelyn Sienna Shave Soap.

It only took about oh two years.

I really liked it but couldn't wait to get to the puck of C & E Sandlewood that is it's replacement.

-80s

I used an erasmic soap up, and a tube of LEA cream, but now that there are over 150 products in my inventory it may be a while!

Coates Tea Tree...RIP... :crying:

J. Peterman 1904, Castle Forbes Limes: would buy again if on sale but not at current prices.

Speick: will definitely buy again once my inventory of other stuff starts getting nibbled away. Great stuff.

--Mark

i can imagine mantic's shave inventory. sort of like the episode where fry learns that due to 1000 years of intrest he's a billionaire and they all go shopping. and bender is in alien overlord and taylor when he get busted stealing and stuff falls out of his sweater for about 2 minutes.

One tube Proraso creme
One puck of VDH Deluxe soap

Thats all so far, I seem to get more than I use. My wife finds this to be a problem. Feminine thinking isn't what its cracked up to be me thinks.

Taylor Almond Cream - Loved it
Master Bay Rum AS - Love it and got more
Aqua Velva - Liked it and got more
SCS Almond shave soap - Liked it
Ogallala Bay Rum Cologne - Loved it and got more
Classic Shaving Bay Rum Shave Soap - Liked it
Honeybee Ye Old Barbershop Shave Soap - Loved it - Going to get another
Proraso Pre-Post - Liked it, may get it again

Top Bottom