What's new

The Graveyard!

One tube of Speick cream, purchased back in 2013. Enjoyed the scent, but will not repurchase. I never felt it excelled in terms of slickness or cushion.

$speick.jpg

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Last shave from my partial puck of Mitchell's Wool Fat.

For me, it is a great soap and one that I would have no hesitation about purchasing again down the road. :thumbup1:

If I put my mind to it I can accomplish almost anything. This time it was finishing off a vintage Opal HB-100 shave stick, probably from the 1950s or 1960s. It only took about four years to polish it off.

I am not sure exactly how this stick weighed originally, but I figure I used about 30 g over about 43 shaves. The lather was pretty good, and I enjoyed using it much more after I re-scented it with Clubman. However I will not go out of my way to replace it. When I bought it I hoped I could reuse the push-up holder with other sticks. However it turned out to be unusually small: just about 26 mm wide and fairly short. Modern sticks will not fit, and anyway I prefer to use wider sticks.

attachment.php

I haven't been able to report my latest empties so here they are in one post. Finished off the last of an SCS Bulgarian Rose puck, the last of a La Toja Manatiales puck. Two other pucks have also been finished after having delegated them to shower use: Charismata Cherry Pipe Tobacco and an unknown beer soap.

BEA for men stick purchased in Spain. I will purchase it again if I make it back to Spain, but I won't pay to have it shipped to the States. Good, but not very good, stick. Just over 2 months of daily shaves.

Last edited:
I haven't been able to report my latest empties so here they are in one post. Finished off the last of an SCS Bulgarian Rose puck, the last of a La Toja Manatiales puck. Two other pucks have also been finished after having delegated them to shower use: Charismata Cherry Pipe Tobacco and an unknown beer soap.
Manantiales, I'm shedding a tear. If you want to dispose of that wooden bowl I can help.

Top Bottom