What's new

The Graveyard!

I just finished a tub of TOBS Mr. Taylor's Luxury Shaving Cream. Took me about eight months to finish it off. I used it about once a week. I guess not too bad.

Today marked the end of a NOS Williams stick. This was packaged in a red Holder Top and marked 55¢. The retaining ring was plastic. The soap had lost most of its original scent, so I dosed it with a rose perfume and left it in a sealed jar for a few weeks. That worked out well, and I may try it again with my next stick of Williams. I counted 78 shaves from about 50 grams of soap, but I may have put in a few shaves before I began to keep track.

A bottle of Floid pre-shave oil.

$IMG_1191.jpg

Attachments

• $IMG_1191.jpg
    $IMG_1191.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 122

strop

Now half as wise
A couple of years ago I went nuts with aftershave purchases, so have been using several in rotation. Just about to the point of finishing several of them.

First up is a bottle of Myrsol Formula K. I will definitely get another Myrsol to try but probably not the mint.

$20150926_092403.jpg

The very first aftershave that I purchased when starting traditional wetshaving has finally bit the dust. A 12.5 oz bottle of the Pinaud Clubman has bit the dust!

I would purchase again but my SWMBO hates the scent (and I have WAY too many aftershaves).

I nearly finished a bottle of pinaud clubman and saved the last little bit for special occasions. Went to Sally Beauty Supply with wife to use her Pro card to get the big bottle cheap, of course ended up spending the difference on stuff for her. Used it the other day and later she snuggled up to me and almost vomited. She said sometimes my AS makes her that way and asked if I use the same one every time or switch it up. Just super... It's my favorite. I hope it's not Clubman that does it, just random chance.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
After 7 months of use, my West Indies Bay Rum is now no more. :bored:

Rather than a sad pic of emptiness, here it is when it was in its prime
proxy.php

Indian Old Spice Cream
Maybe had two more shaves in it but I started to feel an unwelcome tingle on the face, so out it went.
Gives good lather but hated the scent. Is that really what Old Spice smells like? Blech.

Indian Old Spice Cream
Maybe had two more shaves in it but I started to feel an unwelcome tingle on the face, so out it went.
Gives good lather but hated the scent. Is that really what Old Spice smells like? Blech.

Good for you for enduring the whole tube...I only managed two or three shaves from my tube. As you say, it lathers well enough but that's it's only redeeming quality.

One bottle of RazoRock XX aftershave splash. Fantastic scent that closely mirrors it's cologne inspiration - Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Mirto di Panarea

Top Bottom