What's new

The Graveyard!

Retired to the bottom drawer (could NOT just throw it in the trash): a 20+ year-old pure badger brush (Crabtree & Evelyn received as a gift), for which I should be charged with aggravated assault for the way I treated it.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Well, I have finished my bottle of Aqua Velva .... and I haven't. :blink:

In prep for my next 3017 soap after my Klar Kabinett is done, I grated a puck of modern Williams and poured the last of my AV (~40ml) onto it and covered it with saran wrap and a rubber band. The AV was pooled about 1/2 to 1cm deep on top of the loosely pressed gratings, so I finger dipped for this morning's AS application, but this afternoon it was fully soaked up by the Williams. Gave it a stir to see if there was AV pooling on the bottom and, nope, it was absorbed by the soap. It'll sit covered for another ~2 weeks before use, so it should end up very nice... smells great right now!

I finished off a tub of Mama Bear Lime Ice. I really enjoyed the mix of citrus with the cooling factor of the menthol but I need to deplete my inventory before I buy anything else. One day perhaps I will replace it.

RIP Proraso. You were an excellent product.
$ProrasoPreShave.RIP.jpg

I finished off a puck of Mitchells Wool Fat. Seemed like it took forever to finish but it was worth every shave.

Now I'm looking forward to trying to finish up some of the stuff in my backlog of soaps and creams.

Yesterday I finished off the last of this ca. 1924 Colgate stick.

My notes show 84 shaves. For me this soap edged out vintage Williams, and rivaled vintage Erasmic. The stub ended up grafted onto its replacement: a 1960s Colgate stick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Palmolive shave stick. Good performance at an excellent price, but the scent leaves me wanting something- more. I don't think I'd purchase it again anytime soon as I prefer the Speick shave stick for both scent andpost- shave face feel.

Top Bottom