What's new

The Graveyard!

One tub of Razorock Captain's Choice Bay Rum. Superior performance. I will purchase another Razorock tub sometime in the future.
$IMG_1123.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday I finished off a mystery vintage soap, with 73 shaves from about 60 grams of soap. Good stuff: I would buy it again if I could.

This soap came to me as a puck in one of those ceramic English shaving sets, probably made by Rooney. It appeared to be unused. Some gents have suggested that the soap in those sets is Yardley, but I cannot verify that. Anyway it performed very well, no matter who made it. After the first 20 shaves I turned it into a shave stick, using a Brut deo round as a biscuit cutter. Any original scent was long gone, so after a while I also re-scented the soap with T&H West Indies Lime cologne. For the last 20 or so shaves I grafted the stub onto stickified MWF in another Brut deo round.

Used-up stuff? Nobody told me we had to wait for something to be gone before buying new. I've got enough to last me through at least this decade. I won't soon be going to any funerals.

+1. This is my problem. Do not use up enough shaving stuff (and it is becoming obvious to the LOTH).

Since I'm new to all the extensive possibilities of the wet shaving world, my only shaving soap I have polished off is Williams Mug.

Back in 2010 I made up a liter or so of "ClubmanRob" bay rum mix: Bay rum, witch hazel, and water mixed 2:1:1. For mine I used Pinaud and Masters bay rum, plus a little Ogallala for extra punch. Lo these many years later, it is gone.

Will I make more? Not immediately, which means I have no bay rum at all. Lately I have favored more citrusy scents: Speick, 4711, and Florida Water for example. But maybe someday I will get the urge to try some newer takes on the bay rum theme.

My square bottle of Fine L'Orange Noir aftershave has bit the dust. I have two opinions on this aftershave - both on the polar opposite/extremes of one another. On one hand, this aftershave is very simple. The short ingredients list is quite nice.......but it leads to a very dry post shave as there is nothing in it to moisturize the skin. My solution is this - I splash on my face like normal but I will then add a dab of balm and few more drops of Fine...Presto!

Scent-wise, L'Orange Noir does the Terre d'Hermes scent proud. The bitter/dirty orange and woody, earthy notes are quite prevalent. This is a "replace when gone" product.

White tub of RazoRock XXXT is down and out...

Would I replace? I have 3 backup tubs already. That's all you need to know ;)

2 for 1 graveyard post today. Finished the Cella last Saturday, and the P.160 yesterday morning.

Attachments

• $IMG_3460.jpg
    $IMG_3460.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Finished a bottle of La Toja after shave. May replace for when I use the stick. Otherwise, many others I'd prefer to use.

Finished a big tin of Cold River Soap Works Select Sandalwood. Yes, I'll replace, but there are so many others waiting for me in the den. Next up is Kent; and I'll continue to whittle down my MdC Fougere.

Top Bottom