What's new

Talcum powder on your face

Besides aftershave balm on anti ingrown hair cream(or whatever you call it), does putting talcum powder on your face help prevent ingrown hairs/ irratation?

I saw picture of aqua velva shave talc on another forum when checking out different shaving brush reviews and I always wondered about this as well. I tried googling it and found nothing.

The only purpose talc serves is to reduce shine on your skin and absorb sweat. They used to use it after a haircut on the neck for irritation. If you do use it be judicious. Its after all ground rock and breathing it in is very bad for the lungs.

I use a little on my neck some days. Feels nice, esp after I use an ASB like Nivea or Neutrogena. I put a little on a small towel or dry washcloth and kind of brush it on.

I use it on my neck, especially when I where a tie. It helps absorb sweat and reduce friction which results in irritation.

I actually found out by mistake that talc feels good on freshly shaved skin. I was using my Floris #88 talc on my body and went to feel my BBS shave and gave my face a really nice smooth feel.

I use it on my neck, especially when I where a tie. It helps absorb sweat and reduce friction which results in irritation.

+10000

I do the same thing sometimes. I just wish they made a talc that wouldn't show up on dark colored fabrics so that I could rock it in my winter Blues.

Top Bottom