What's new

Shave Cream Recommendation

Hey guys,

I'm a newbie to the forum but I have been reading alot of threads and I havent really found what I'm looking for.... yet. Like many other members I am a HUGE fan of minty, cooling, tingle grooming products. My current regime includes Urth face wash, Proraso Shave Cream followed up with Baxters A.S.. I am happy with all of the products but I'm always looking for something better. Keeping with my love of cooling, "makes your face feel like ice" products, are there any Taylor, Trumper, Hydolast, Nancy Boy creams/A.S. that would be up my alley? Thanks

------------
AOS Silvertip Brush
Merkur Futur

Soap: Mama Bear's Awakenings
Cream: Mytimebathandbody Menthol
Aftershave: Mama bear's Summer Ice Milk, Alt Innsbruck, Osage Rub

Enjoy! :velva2:

Welcome to the clan. Great choice in the Merkur Futur. Let us know your experience with it. Don't know alot about cooling, mentholated type creams. Only one in that realm that I use is Proraso. The learned Gents on here will probably have a myriad of suggestions, though. I mainly use TOBS creams; they're economical and very good at ($13) a tub. Do you use a mentholated aftershave splash?

Hey guys,

I'm a newbie to the forum but I have been reading alot of threads and I havent really found what I'm looking for.... yet. Like many other members I am a HUGE fan of minty, cooling, tingle grooming products. My current regime includes Urth face wash, Proraso Shave Cream followed up with Baxters A.S.. I am happy with all of the products but I'm always looking for something better. Keeping with my love of cooling, "makes your face feel like ice" products, are there any Taylor, Trumper, Hydolast, Nancy Boy creams/A.S. that would be up my alley? Thanks

------------
AOS Silvertip Brush
Merkur Futur

I think Proraso is the best you can get in the "makes your face feel like ice" category. Oh, and welcome to our little community!

I haven't come across ANYTHING that freezes the face quite like My Time Bath & Body's Menthol 10/10 (I have it flavored with rosemary/spearmint). It's amazing if you like the tinglies. Might be too much for some people, especially if you consider Proraso to be 'ice cold.' But if you like mint, tinglyness, and super-cooling sensations, Jean's rosemary/spearmint/menthol 10/10 is amazing.

Cooling aftershaves...My Proraso splash gets the most use (very nice scent and nicely cooling), followed by Alt-Innsbruck (more cooling than Proraso, but a stronger, more unique floral/tobacco scent). Looking forward to Osage Rub, I haven't picked up any yet.

CF Lime shave cream is refreshing but not nearly as cooling as Prosaro green. I think Prosaro is up there if you are looking for minty coolness

I haven't come across ANYTHING that freezes the face quite like My Time Bath & Body's Menthol 10/10 (I have it flavored with rosemary/spearmint). It's amazing if you like the tinglies. Might be too much for some people, especially if you consider Proraso to be 'ice cold.' But if you like mint, tinglyness, and super-cooling sensations, Jean's rosemary/spearmint/menthol 10/10 is amazing.

Cooling aftershaves...My Proraso splash gets the most use (very nice scent and nicely cooling), followed by Alt-Innsbruck (more cooling than Proraso, but a stronger, more unique floral/tobacco scent). Looking forward to Osage Rub, I haven't picked up any yet.
+1,000,000 on My Time Bath & Body Menthol level 10, followed by some Osage Rub or Mama Bear's Peppermint Aftershave Milk....bracing indeed!:em2100:

Thanks guys... I just started to use TGR preshave oil and it really seems to make the shave go alot smoother. From what i've read so far the Proraso Pre-Shave is not really an oil, but more like a cream & Ive read mixed reviews on whether it actually helps or not. Any recommendations out there for a cooling preshave OIL rather than a preshave cream? Thanks.

As mentioned before, Ingrams is good stuff.

If you're in the UK, Asda sell a range of shaving stuff call One Planet. I use some of their moisturiser post shave, and thats got a very satisfying cooling kick to it.

I dont know if Walmart would stock it too in the States?

Top Bottom