What's new

Adams Apple Not One I Want to Cut and Eat

I'm having trouble shaving around my adams apple with my double edge. Everthing is fine until I make a 2nd pass and that's even WITH the grain then I nick up my adams apple. Would it be savvy to go across the grain there or what have your folks found is the easiest way? Thanks.

Chris

A handy trick is to pull the skin on your Adams Apple to the side with your non-razor hand. This flattens the skin and allows you to shave the most difficult sections. Experiment pulling the skin in different directions until you find the best way to do it. Once you get the hang of it, going WTG/XTG/ATG should be fine, as long as you remember to watch your angles and use gentle pressure.

I have a prominent Adams Apple, and this helped a lot.

You can also swallow and hold -- it'll get that pesky guy out of your way for a few. It can be 'difficult' to hold it for an extended period of time (IMO), but it's a pretty small area to clear too. I think this is shown/suggested in the Mantic vids too...

You might consider a Merkur 39c slant on a barberpole. It's safe, effective, and gets trouble areas on neck in one or two passes. It's made for troubled beards and sensitive necks. Long weighted handle provides pressure and slanted head gets trouble areas easily. Make sure neck is well lathered. NEVER SHAVE OVER UNLATHERED AREAS. I do XTG, ATG only.

A handy trick is to pull the skin on your Adams Apple to the side with your non-razor hand. This flattens the skin and allows you to shave the most difficult sections. Experiment pulling the skin in different directions until you find the best way to do it.

I've also had problems with cuts on my jaw bone. I have found the above technique helps around the jaw too. Any bits that stick out are awkward, so make life easier and move the skin to one side! :wink:

Handled it, pulled the skin to the side, and only ONE little nick. I also have a 69 black handled SS I used which I think was WAAAAY better than the Merkur classic I used, seriously. I should have a blade sampler pack coming sometime soon so I should be able to achieve near perfect shaves here after some more practice with the Gillettes.

Top Bottom