What's new

Pirate's Cove Shaving Soap

Got some of the Coconut and Bay Rum and Lime soaps from Tom. I was able to wait a whole week to try it out as I was waiting for a new mug being made for me by Don McIvor. Mug came yesterday so I tried out the Coconut soap with it this morning. WOW!!! What a great soap. Lots of lather and the razor just glided over my face. The smell of coconut is filling my house. The mug Don made for me is out of afzelia wood. Beautiful!!! If you haven't seen Don's work, check him out at mcivorwooworks.com. Both of these men are a pleasure to deal with.

Pirate's cove was the first shaving soap I ever bought. I really like it. I always get a great shave when I use it.

Pirate's Cove soaps are great. I really like that they don't skimp on the scents. Did you get the bay rum and the lime, or the bay rum + lime? I've been wanting to try that one...

Pirate's Cove soaps are amazing. My favorites are the Menthol, Bay Rum & Lime and simple ol' Bay Rum. Menthol is currently in my rotation.

Medicineman, I got the Bay Rum & Lime. I normally have 3 soaps in rotation. The coconut makes 4. I don't know how I'll be able to stop using the coconut, it is amazing. It will be awhile before I can report on the Bay Rum & Lime.

I believe Tom uses FO in all of his soaps. Fantastic quality though. Make sure you order through his website link. I have not used his rose or coconut but have been pleased with everything else. I believe this is much better quality than Col Conk and much better price.

Thanks for this thread. I had never heard of this vendor and checked out the website. Based soley on the comments here I went ahead and ordered a puck of lime and coconut (I love that coconut smell too). And cheap to boot w/ very reasonable shipping costs. Depending on how they perform I may have to add them to my cheap soap recommendation thread. Even with shipping they were still cheaper than the Conk pucks I purchased at a B&M. That's pretty amazing. Thanks again for the heads up. Look forward to trying them out.

I would like to add as a helpful hint with Pirates Cove. When you receive them, they are wrapped in paper which is a royal PITA to get off unless.......you peel what you can off and just rinse under warm water and the residual paper comes right off. Pat dry and you are set! Want to get crazy? Cut the puck in half of one or quarter and melt with the same amt of another. Lime/ coconut? lime/menthol? he already has the lime/BR and lime/ginger. GET CRAZY!!!!!

I saved the pirate chick sticker from the soap, its going in a shaving scrap book my girlfriend is making for me.
I would like to add as a helpful hint with Pirates Cove. When you receive them, they are wrapped in paper which is a royal PITA to get off unless.......you peel what you can off and just rinse under warm water and the residual paper comes right off. Pat dry and you are set! Want to get crazy? Cut the puck in half of one or quarter and melt with the same amt of another. Lime/ coconut? lime/menthol? he already has the lime/BR and lime/ginger. GET CRAZY!!!!!

Soulshine, wish I could post a picture for you, but I don't have the equipment to do that.

Shoot! And I didn't get a picture before sending the mug out! It's a beauty though. Afzelia with some lovely burl in the walls and lots of eyes in the bottom.

Don McIvor

I believe Tom uses FO in all of his soaps. Fantastic quality though. Make sure you order through his website link. I have not used his rose or coconut but have been pleased with everything else. I believe this is much better quality than Col Conk and much better price.

Thanks for helping to clear that up. I was a bit confused that it said essential oils on the website, but I thought $3 was mighty cheap for a rose EO scented puck.

Top Bottom