What's new

AT&T cell phone reccommendations

I just moved to Indianapolis from a small town and am switching my cell phone service to AT&T. I currently have a Motorola Razr, and like it, but would like to try something different. Does anyone have AT&T wireless and have a reccommendation for a phone? I don't need a blackberry or anything, basically I'll just use it for phone calls or maybe an occasional text message. I liked the LG Shine at the store, but have heard the battery life is horrible. Does anyone have any input?

Thanks in advance

I have a Sony Ericsson W580i and I like it. It is a music phone, but it has good coverage, decent battery, good quality.

North Manchester? My family's from Wabash. Great folks up that way... hard to not miss it a little bit.

If you use it almost exclusively for phone calls, there's no reason to get anything more extravagant than your current Razr. The deal with the Shine and other 3G-capable devices is that you won't be able to use the full capabilities of the 3G network where you're at, unless you travel to the big cities with any regularity. So unless that's the case, there's really no sense to pay for it.

v3xx? Razr2?

I was looking for AT&T phones a few months ago, researched quite a bit actually. Never found anything I liked. Ended up buying a Rizr off of eBay. Not the latest and greatest, battery life could be better, but it does the job.

The w580 looked neat and would have done the job, but there were lots of complaints about the keys cracking. Maybe current production has fixed the problems.

I actually just moved to Indianapolis, so I would be able to use the 3G network...not sure what the benefits of it are though???

AT&T = iPhone -- get one of the original

Probably not what you're looking for, but if you get it, I doubt you'd regret it :)

LG recently took on a lot of the samsung components so the LG and samsung are about the same quality now which is a big deal for them. The LG shine is good but anything that doesn't allow you to switch to edge instead of just 3g is going to eat the battery a bit quicker then one that will. Not sure about the option on the shine though but can say it is a snappy looking phone and does have the options you are looking for. Look into other options you might want to use in the picture because it is a 2 year contract and that might help your decision a bit more.

Keep the Razr. I had a Samsung Blackjack smartphone that I thought I liked. Had access to to company email, the internet, all sorts of good stuff. I used it for over a year. But it was never really "right" with respect to day-to-day TELEPHONE usage.
Finally, one day, I said "F-it" and stuck my SIM card back in my Razr. Holy Crap, it was like going home after a long trip.

AT&T = iPhone -- get one of the original

Probably not what you're looking for, but if you get it, I doubt you'd regret it :)

I'll have to second that. I've got an original version and a friend of mine has the 3G version. I'll wait another generation or two before I upgrade.

i'm going to the AT&T store on Saturday afternoon (this could be a mistake). Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Top Bottom