What's new

Aqua di Parma Colonia versus Intensa?

Does anyone have experience with how these two compare. I really love my original Colonia except for the fact that it lasts all of about 30 minutes on me even with 5-6 sprays!!!:confused:

Is Intensa the same fragrance, but with better longevity??

Thanks!

B R A N D X®;750124 said:
Does anyone have experience with how these two compare. I really love my original Colonia except for the fact that it lasts all of about 30 minutes on me even with 5-6 sprays!!!:confused:

Is Intensa the same fragrance, but with better longevity??

Thanks!

+1. I agree with you there! I love the top notes of Colonia, I really wish it lasted longer. I get about 20 minutes from mine, then it relaxes to a barely noticeable rose scent for about 20 minutes more. Then it's gone. I have the Assoluta, which I also enjoy, but I think I actually prefer Colonia (for about 20 minutes). The Assoluta lasts 6-8 hours on me without evolving very much. I've been curious about the Intensa for a while now...

No it is not the same. Intensa has some woody/lathery notes. Not much of an improvement on longevity compared to Colonia. I prefer Colonia.

Rats. That's too bad. What do you do when you find a scent that you love that only lasts a few minutes? I guess I'm going to have to keep little decants everywhere so I can refresh the scent throughout the day...:frown:

Rats. That's too bad. What do you do when you find a scent that you love that only lasts a few minutes? I guess I'm going to have to keep little decants everywhere so I can refresh the scent throughout the day...:frown:

Exactly. Atomisers are cheap and you can actually control the scent during the day.

I have the original Colonia and the Colonia Assoluta. I much prefer the original Colonia...it is such an uplifting fragrance. It has limited longevity on me as well, so I keep a decant at the office for clandestine touch-ups.

The Assoluta, on the other hand, has much greater staying power, but it has a more unisex/girly scent. That's it for my technical fragrance descriptions!

I have the original Colonia and the Colonia Assoluta. I much prefer the original Colonia...it is such an uplifting fragrance. It has limited longevity on me as well, so I keep a decant at the office for clandestine touch-ups.

The Assoluta, on the other hand, has much greater staying power, but it has a more unisex/girly scent. That's it for my technical fragrance descriptions!

That's interesting...I have never thought that. The rosy drydown of Colonia has always seemed much more feminine to me.

Hmm....might be another one of those YMMV things. I think I'll wear one of them tomorrow...must do further testing, you know.

I asked Londons for a sample of each before I ordered the original and they mailed threee scent cards sprayed with the three versions. In this format, my smeller wasn't sophisticated to be able to tell much difference.

Thanks, all for the input. I guess I'll decant some of my Colonia and leave a bottle at work for now......maybe try the Intensa when my supply runs low.

P.S. Thanks all for being considerate enough to not point out my mis-spelling of Acqua!! I realized when using it last night that I even had it spelled incorrectly in my sig line!:redface:

S

Sam

I agree with the observations made to this point. Colonia is much preferred and is a more uplifting, a brighter rose scent with longevity issues. Assoluta is okay, but to make it last longer on you, they take away from the rose and have some sort of lemony/woody note. A good scent, but if you have smelled Colonia, then you prefer it to Assoluta. If you have not smelled Colonia, you may just prefer it.

Okay, so the thoughtful replies to my query thus far beg the questions:

1. If you wish to decant for a carry around pick-me-up how do you remove the atomizer from the original bottle without destroying it.

2. Who sells the best atomizers in small decant sizes on line.

Thanks all!

B R A N D X®;751944 said:
Okay, so the thoughtful replies to my query thus far beg the questions:

1. If you wish to decant for a carry around pick-me-up how do you remove the atomizer from the original bottle without destroying it.

I know that a number of the basenotes folks just spray a helluva lot of times with the decant right at the nozzle of the sprayer.

Stu: don't try to remove the atomizer head; you'll find they don't typically go back on.

For decanting, simply spray directly into your other bottle (with practice, you'll get the recipient container to move with the atomizer head and no loss. Alternately, you can get mini funnels for decanting.

Stu: don't try to remove the atomizer head; you'll find they don't typically go back on.

For decanting, simply spray directly into your other bottle (with practice, you'll get the recipient container to move with the atomizer head and no loss. Alternately, you can get mini funnels for decanting.

Thank you. Glad I asked before yanking the atomizer off a bottle of Creed, AdP or Pen's!:eek:

I also do the spray routine (Stu, that's how I did the small Castile decant). If you are careful, you can pull it off with minimal spillage.

Top Bottom