What's new

My First Vintage DE find.

I've been using straight razors since getting into the hobby, but I found this little guy for $10 at an antique place and took him home to clean him up.

The photo's don't show it, but I've polished it to a mirror finish and it now is waiting with a fresh blade for my first shave with a DE.

I believe what I found is a Canadian Gillette "Old Style" circa 1920. This because I uncovered from the grime that it is stamped Gillete, Made in Canada, Patent 1920 and looking at websites it says the 3 pin configuration is old style. No serial numbers or other marks, so I ended there. How's that for minimal detective work. :tongue_sm

Sorry for the less than stellar pictures.

Nice find me thinks... and it is resting on beaver butt and caribou snot I see. .that adds a touch of nothern charm.

Nice find me thinks... and it is resting on beaver butt and caribou snot I see. .that adds a touch of nothern charm.

Canadian made razor, needed some Canadian made wilderness soap to go with it. I found it at a tourist trap last weekend on a trip to Sudbury. Available in Caribou Snot, Beaver Butt, Moose Spit and Yellow Snow.

As far as playoffs, shave every day...I know it's sacrilidge for a Canadian to say this, but ....I hate hockey:eek:

What can I say...Eh?

Ohhh a Canadian that will admit to hating hocky.. I think that is a first. I like it more then a little ... which means I like it a lot.

Canadian made razor, needed some Canadian made wilderness soap to go with it. I found it at a tourist trap last weekend on a trip to Sudbury. Available in Caribou Snot, Beaver Butt, Moose Spit and Yellow Snow.

As far as playoffs, shave every day...I know it's sacrilidge for a Canadian to say this, but ....I hate hockey:eek:

What can I say...Eh?

I just felt the earth tilt off its axis.

Top Bottom