What's new

sensative skin or skin conditioning?

I am a semi seasoned(ok, I know my way around a shave den, but don't want to sound bragadocious(tm))shaver. I recently tried some samples of floris lime and floris as balm. It lathered wonderfully, smelled even better and was plenty slick. But after having the cream on my face for a minute, it started to burn a little bit. At first I thought, "ok, this is kinda pleasent? Maybe just a little cooling sensation?" Nope. After a regular 3 pass shave with my 50's ss and a crystal, the burning sensation kicked into warp 10 and my cheaks were red, burned, chaffed, dry ect. I was pissed with my shave to say the least. I usually shave with kmf lavendar or mint, which imo is pretty mild stuff. Now for the big question. iis my face just way to sensative or will my face get used to the new cream over time? Anyone ever have a similar experience? Btw, this is my first time ever trying a "quality" cream or soap, quality meaning something from england I guess. Throw me a bone here. Thanks.

Marshall that sounds like an allergic reaction to me. I don't think the passage of time will alleviate this not that I think you could stand it while it did.

Have you ever tried any other products besides the KMF?

I havnt tried much. I try to be frugal. I have tried william's soap, kmf and and unscented cream for sensative skin. The brand excapes me now. That's about it as far as soaps and creams. Oh I tried an off brand puck of sandalwood with the a similar experience. I may be allergic to most fragrances like my gf. Hard to say. I appriciate the comments. Its hard to say if I'm over reacting to new experiences sometimes.

You should probably try some dedicated sensitive skin formulations or low scented varieties that is if you are looking to broaden your horizons on the cream or soap front. I think it is safe to say you definitely have sensitive skin.

Well that's another thing that I have often wondered about, whether or not I do in fact have sensative skin, which seems to be a topic of much debate. Some ppl think that they do, but actually do not ect. Its good to have a second opinion to my conclusion about my face. Come to think of it, my mother has very sensative skin too. Interesting if in fact there is actually a correlation.

Top Bottom