What's new

Trimming facial hair

I've had a goatee before and have recently tried one again, however I want to know when is the best time to trim it: before ar after the wetshave?

I trim mine before I shave... but can not say that there is any reason why I do it that way

I trim mine after, and I also don't have any explanation as to why I do it in that order.

I think its because trimming the goatee is an afterthought. I only remember to do the goatee and sideburns about every 10 shaves.

I use corded electric clippers with a #2 bladeguard ... and its taken me far too many years to discover that I get much better results trimming the goatee ATG, using S-N strokes. Any other direction and it comes out looking ragged and unkempt, especially the moustache portion.

Before. Makes it easier to shave everything except the goatee. If I trim afterwards, I almost always have to touch up again.

I trim mine after, and I also don't have any explanation as to why I do it in that order.

I think its because trimming the goatee is an afterthought. I only remember to do the goatee and sideburns about every 10 shaves.

I use corded electric clippers with a #2 bladeguard ... and its taken me far too many years to discover that I get much better results trimming the goatee ATG, using S-N strokes. Any other direction and it comes out looking ragged and unkempt, especially the moustache portion.

I use the exact same setup..and do it the exact same way only before I shave .. It may be cause I shave after a shower and I shower after a trim to get the little hairs out of my chest and belly hair.

Top Bottom