What's new

How weird is this.....

I was wondering how many of the folks here prefer to cook and eat at the table. As opposed to just grab something out or open a can of something. We like to take time with our shaves, how about other aspects of everyday life. I prefer to sit at the table and eat with roomies or family or whatever ( not married here)

I don't really cook but my mom does. I rarely go out to eat; it's all about the home-cooked meal for me. I eat at the table on Sundays. I used to eat at the table all the time but now, I eat at the computer. I can't manage my business without it so on some levels, I've become a slave to the thing. :redface:

We do a lot of BBQ on the grill, smoker, and deep fryer. (MMMMMM, Deep Fried Pork Chops! My fav) Sooooo, none of that is done at the table. But I detest fast food. I think I am alone in this, that is why obesity is running rampant in America.

Raising 3 sons, we always made it a practice to sit down together for dinner.

Today, unless one of the boys should visit, my wife and I always have dinner together at the table or in a restaurant.

Breakfast and lunch: You're on your own.

My wife (who still works away from home) and I (retired) make it a habit to nearly always cook and eat at home. We share breakfast and dinner together, lunch is usually separate. I am often the cook now that I am retired. I'm pretty good too, although I do tend to cook high calorie foods. That needs to change :-(
Ken

I grew up eating dinner at the table with my family, and I hope that when I get married I can do the same with my wife and kids.

I eat out probably once a week these days, and mostly for foods that I can't easily cook myself (vietnamese, thai, indian) without buying a lot of specialized ingredients. All other times I'm cooking for myself. I started to cook in undergrad and really cooked a lot in grad school. I made so little money in grad school that you cut corners wherever you can, and cooking at home is a great way to save money.

Baking is my particular weakness. This week was a blueberry and nectarine galette. My dream is to buy a house and build a wood-burning pizza oven so I can make great pizza and authentic breads.

I like to grill, and to cook, but being a bachelor (divorced 15 years now) I generally eat here at my computer. :001_rolle

But when I bought this house, I got a big farm table dining set with enough chairs for all the family here to sit down to dinner around it . . . did that for the first time Labor Day.

NANP™

I love cooking. I'd like to be a chef, but I don't want to go through the training. I just like to eat. :lol:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
We have a formal dining room, a sizeable "breakfast nook", and an eat in kitchen, yet I'd venture to say that 90+% of our meals are consumed at the center island in the kitchen.

The nature of my job and its odd shifts means I've rarely been home during meal hours for most of my adult life. When we can, we have a sit down dinner table meal but that probably happens once a month if that. I try to accomplish family bonding in other ways.

The nature of my job and its odd shifts means I've rarely been home during meal hours for most of my adult life. When we can, we have a sit down dinner table meal but that probably happens once a month if that. I try to accomplish family bonding in other ways.

I know how that goes...

We have a formal dining room, a sizeable "breakfast nook", and an eat in kitchen, yet I'd venture to say that 90+% of our meals are consumed at the center island in the kitchen.

My mom always said that no matter how big the house was... the kitchen was always the most important room (well after the indoor outhouse that is)

We cook at home 5 nights a week. Usually end up in the living room. Our kitchen is too small and our dining table is always covered in some kind of project. We clean it off once a month and have family over, though. We need a new place to live more than anything.

We cook at home 5 nights a week. Usually end up in the living room. Our kitchen is too small and our dining table is always covered in some kind of project. We clean it off once a month and have family over, though. We need a new place to live more than anything.

Oh just do the arm sweep across the table. let the floor clean up :biggrin:

Top Bottom