C&E Sandalwood Cream (sample)
Musgo Real Shave Cream
Palmolive Shave Cream
Gori 1919 Almond Olive Oil Bath Soap
Archipelago Bergamot Tobacco Bath Soap
Brylcreem

All of this from my lovely wife, mrs. chefchris:thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
what a haul, Rene! It would be great to see the soap sticks too, but hey, what the heck! Commando and Sensitive are probably Arko's 2 best creams.

Jeff

crackstar said:
what a haul, Rene! It would be great to see the soap sticks too, but hey, what the heck! Commando and Sensitive are probably Arko's 2 best creams.

Jeff

I dont want to flatter you too much ! :biggrin:
But I bought these Arko creames based on your advice that these were the best out of all Arko and I only want Curious things for my shop , I havent tried the Commando yet but I liked the free Arko sensitive tube I got from my Agent so I took your advice and got both of them. curious how the Commando will lather tommorow .

I dont know if it is easy for you to get these Jeff or else Ill throw one tube in the package Ill make a bigger pack then so what I mean you fell down the stairs you deserve a " PICK ME UPPER " ILL FIX YOU UP BRO.

Rene, Arko doesn't even exist in Canada, not one store in Montreal carries this brand. Not even one! If they did, I'd be running every week to buy some. :lol: BTW, thanks so much, my friend for such a nice offer and gesture.

Jeff

Stauff said:
One 10-pack of Korean made Dorco DE blades. Silly name -will report on how they shave...

I never thought that Feather was that great a name to be honest so I have no problems with Dorco.

Looking forward to your review of the blades as I'm really getting into the way different blades feel and shave.

proxy.php

Please forgive my crappy digital camera. Here's what I found outside my door this morning.
proxy.php

From QED
Trumper's Coconut shaving cream
Taylor's Lemon and Lime shaving cream
Taylor's Mr. Taylors shaving cream
QEDman Tangerine & Spearmint shave soap
Sample of Trumpers rose shaving cream

From Em's
nickel finish brush and razor stand
Em's Hydro Plus Bay Rum EOB with Geranium Hydro

From eBay
100 Derby Blades

2 tubes of Florena shaving cream for myself.
2 tubes of Florena shaving cream for a friend of mine in New York City to be shipped out Monday.
a bottle of DR Harris Bay Rum aftershave

Jeff

Lots of good stuff for me this week:

1956 Gillette SuperSpeed (purchased from a memeber here).
My prize from the B&B contest, the Ristretto Roaster coffee.
2x Soaps from Mama Bear:
Armani Black Code Type
Ocean Rain

Not a bad haul for me this week.

5 days from order to arrival, UK to US. Kudos to Robert as usual. :thumbup:
full

Industrial size Coral Skin food :eek: to feed the sample lunatics on this board
Limes skin food
Harris Lavender cream
Harris Almond cream
Buncha samples
Rooney brush :drool:

also got some more blades from Rene so he can torture me more

I can't get a picture that does the Rooney justice. It is an absolutely gorgeous brush. This one doesn't reallyconvey it, but so be it.

full

pic of Acca Kappa 1869 sample
I’m still waiting some parcels to start my reviews, but I can already tell that the Acca Kappa 1869 shaving cream is amazing (at least for me). I tried it once and it immediately became a part of my rotation. It smells like Dior’s Fahrenheit which I happen to like very much.

Yukio, seeing that you live in France, have you ever seen or tried Cerrus shaving cream? It's made there, and very popular in Germany as well, and from what I understand, it doesn't cost a lot of money. I have some, and it's really good. Nice scent and very cooling.

Jeff

Picked up a couple of things yesterday.

Art of Shaving Lemon cream
Caswell & Massey Sandalwood gel after shave X2.

crackstar said:
Yukio, seeing that you live in France, have you ever seen or tried Cerrus shaving cream? It's made there, and very popular in Germany as well, and from what I understand, it doesn't cost a lot of money. I have some, and it's really good. Nice scent and very cooling.

Jeff
Nope. It may be made in France, but I’m not sure it’s French. I googled Cerrus and results related to shaving creams all came out in German. On an unrelated note, it was extremely hard to find a French retailer of Plisson shaving creams and soaps.

Scotto said:
5 days from order to arrival, UK to US. Kudos to Robert as usual. :thumbup:
full

Industrial size Coral Skin food :eek: to feed the sample lunatics on this board
Limes skin food
Harris Lavender cream
Harris Almond cream
Buncha samples
Rooney brush :drool:

also got some more blades from Rene so he can torture me more

LooooooL :scared: :crying:

Drop dead Gorgeous brush Scotto JEALOUS !!!!!! Really Jealous ! and I dont get envy easy these days with the Arko cream tubes to swim in each morning
Uncle Dagobert had his $$$ I have my Arko .

I have seen the Rooney prices outside my budget :frown:

its a silvertip allright I can see that, what knotsize ?

Did you take this pic of the brush with Macro settings on ? and flash ?
I just made a really good photo with my Camera only using 2 Mpixel ! and macro and Half flash power ! my Camera has 5 flash intensities. and very poor Lightening conditions in the studio here I was shocked how good the picture came out. Auto focus on. I havent even scratched the surface of the Power of this digital camera.

Im guessing by the look of the brush a 22mm Knotsize.

yeah, I had that impression also because everything on the tube is written in German, which fortunately for me is no problem, because I speak it fluently. Plisson is something that I know nothing about, although I understand it's a top shaving line.

Jeff

Top Bottom