What's new

My Shave Shelf

new stuff" that rocks...

I went up to Gardenridge on Sunday just to kill some time with the wife and I found these bowls that were perfect for putting my soaps into. Then they had the bigger bowl to match that is great for lathering in. They are all clear glass with a pebbled texture on the inside of the bowl.

proxy.php

So, now that I have presentable bowls for my stuff I put up this wrought iron shelf we found at the used hotel furniture store (after painting it white).

proxy.php

You can't see it in the pic, but this has a towel rod on the bottom of it.

Now I have space to put out all of my shaving stuff and have it not all jumbled up in the linen closet.

I've decided to make a perforated wood insert for the milkglass piece so I can store my brush in it.....

nice, the pebbled texture would be awesome! Great to hold the soap, and great to build lather!

new stuff" that rocks...

I went up to Gardenridge on Sunday just to kill some time with the wife and I found these bowls that were perfect for putting my soaps into. Then they had the bigger bowl to match that is great for lathering in. They are all clear glass with a pebbled texture on the inside of the bowl.

proxy.php

So, now that I have presentable bowls for my stuff I put up this wrought iron shelf we found at the used hotel furniture store (after painting it white).

proxy.php

You can't see it in the pic, but this has a towel rod on the bottom of it.

Now I have space to put out all of my shaving stuff and have it not all jumbled up in the linen closet.

I've decided to make a perforated wood insert for the milkglass piece so I can store my brush in it.....

Evening!

Nice set up! I couldn't help noticing that you have a milkglass jar, with horses heads. I bought one of these on Ebay a while back. It was advertised as a shaving mug, and I've seen them on the bay since, also advertised as shaving mugs. I was extremely disappointed when I received mine. There's no-way that I could swirl a brush around inside that! It was shipped from America (I am in the UK), and the vendor seemed such a nice person, that I really didn't want to get into any hassle about complaining/returning the item. So I just kept it as a vase. Do you know anything about this particular item? Does it have any real shaving association? Am I missing something about it's use?

Evening!

Nice set up! I couldn't help noticing that you have a milkglass jar, with horses heads. I bought one of these on Ebay a while back. It was advertised as a shaving mug, and I've seen them on the bay since, also advertised as shaving mugs. I was extremely disappointed when I received mine. There's no-way that I could swirl a brush around inside that! It was shipped from America (I am in the UK), and the vendor seemed such a nice person, that I really didn't want to get into any hassle about complaining/returning the item. So I just kept it as a vase. Do you know anything about this particular item? Does it have any real shaving association? Am I missing something about it's use?

I have been told that it is the container that was used to sell the soap in... I could see that it could be used for that (which is what my original plan was... to melt some soap into it) but it was smaller than I envisioned it to be... One of the local estate sale/antique dealers hadn't seen one like it when I took it to be checked out. Such are the hazards of e-bay... Nice little piece though!

So, I plan on making a "drain board" (for lack of a better term) for it and use it as a brush holder.

nice, the pebbled texture would be awesome! Great to hold the soap, and great to build lather!

Oh, yeah. They work great.
I had been using a very mild suribachi mortar and it worked better than just the glass mixing bowl I had previous to that. However, the pebbled texture makes my soap explode into lather and the soap in the bowls shouldn't let go till I want them too....

The best of it all is they were all less than 2 buck a piece. So I got 6 soap bowls and the lather bowl for around $14.00 walk out.....

Whoa.. That's the BIG bottle of Lilac Veg! I only see the little ones in the stores around me.

:)

San Antonio has a very large population of retired military guys... You can find all sorts of "old school" products in larger than sample size containers.

The Veg and Clubman are my primary AS's and I use the Neutrogena if I get a little too aggressive with my neck.

Top Bottom