What's new

TOBS Rose and Lavender/AOS Lavender ?s

"Shopping" for lavender cream. Have AOS Lavender and like it. Today, however, used my TOBS Rose and got a truly wonderful shave. With TOBS at half the price of AOS, would like someone who uses/has used both TOBS Rose and Lavender, and AOS Lavender to comment on the TOBS Lavender. Does the TOBS Lavender shave as well as the Rose? Does the TOBS Lavender smell as good as the AOS with no skin sensitivity?

IME, TOBS lavender is an OK cream, but not as good as the rose. The lather just is not as creamy and rich. Shaves OK though.

I don't have experience with those particular TOBS creams, so I can't help you there...but I'm morally obliged to put a plug in for Castle Forbes Lavender. It's an incredible cream. It's scent and efficacy are nearly unbeatable, IMHO. Plus, you only need about half the amount you normally use with a cream...so it lasts longer, and the price isn't quite as high as it seems (per shave, at least). If you like AOS Lavender and you're looking for another excellent performer, you should seriously consider picking up some CF. The best, purest smelling lavender (aside from straight organic EO) that I've come across. That goes for their A/S balm too. :thumbup1:

Good luck on your search!

I agree with Stauff. To me the lavender lathers like TOBS sandelwood, only without the overwhelming I just smashed a cologne bottle smell.

Yikes! The price of the Castle Forbes, irrespective of how many shaves!! But a consideration. You mention "aside from other straight organic EOs" - which were these?

Yikes! The price of the Castle Forbes, irrespective of how many shaves!! But a consideration. You mention "aside from other straight organic EOs" - which were these?

Oh, I just meant the actual Essential Oil that you can find from a place like mountainroseherbs. I was remarking that I haven't found another cream that smells so closely to the Essential Oil--you can tell that CF uses very good quality EO and lots of it.

You can always get some good EO and some unscented cream and scent it yourself, if you like. You just have to do some research and be careful, as EOs and FOs are powerful stuff and they can be irritants to some people...With shipping, you'd probably end up paying around as much as CF to do this anyway (although you'd have EO left over to use again), so it's not exactly cost-effective. Just another way to get that pure essence of lavender in cream form... :smile:

C&F Lavender is very good. In my personal opinion, having shaved with/owned both aos lavender and C&F lavender, the C&F wins. The TOBS rose is better than AOS Lavender and at least as good as the C&F Lavender, as far as shave quality. TOBS Rose is my favorite cream at any price.

Can't comment on the TOBS lavender having never used it.

Steve

Hmmm. TOBS Rose was nice. Just used TOBS Almond for the first time this morning; also nice. TOBS Lavender - hmmm?

C&F Lavender is very good. In my personal opinion, having shaved with/owned both aos lavender and C&F lavender, the C&F wins. The TOBS rose is better than AOS Lavender and at least as good as the C&F Lavender, as far as shave quality. TOBS Rose is my favorite cream at any price.

Can't comment on the TOBS lavender having never used it.

Steve

Hmmm? What is C&F? Do you mean CF (Castle Forbes) or C&E Crabtree & Evelyn?

I have all three creams. Here is how I would rate them

1 TOBS Rose. I love how this lathers up and smells. Behind TOBS Almond this is the best cream I have tried. I'd buy this if it doubled in price :)

2 AOS Lavender - Lathers up nicely with a great smell. If it was a little cheaper I would get it again.

3 TOBS Lavender - To me it gave a good shave. But the scent was not close to the AOS Lavender. Also did not lather up as nicely. I would not get this again.

Top Bottom