What's new

Method shaving products used with regular shaving products?

Sorry if this has been asked before (couldn't find anything on search) but would it work to use Hydrolast and some of the tonics/moisturizers with regular soaps and creams, or would it just be money plunked down for nothing? I want better skin but don't really want to use that foul-smelling cube. Maybe I'd benefit from doing this around once a week or so?

I have used other shave soaps, but if you do not like the cube, the aromatic shaving rounds smell really good. You can use other soaps, but in my experience, the sliickness is reduced. I have certainnly done this before the rounds were introduced, especially when I was traveling.

I'm not sure I completely understand the original question. But, one could certainly use the tonics and the conditioner without any of the other products. They are exceptional. One could also use the cutting or finishing balm for touch up after using a traditional shave cream or soap. And, I guess one could use the cube with a traditional cream, although it is best utilized with the Hydrolast paste. I wouldn't use the Hydrolast paste without either the cube or aromatic round, although it could be used with any shave soap, I suppose.

On a side note, I've never understood people not liking the cube because of its smell. It is not fragrant, but barely has any smell at all.

I gotta say, I actually like the smell of the cube.

I live in Austin, and heard it straight from Charles that he does not recommend mixing his products with others - the method shaving elements have been specially designed to work perfectly with each other.

Having said that, try shaving using only hydrolast products and try mixing it up with others - basically do what works for you.

Just because it is not currently used wiht the paste does not mean it will not work. When I started with method shaving there was just the cube. How did Charles find that the Lepi de Provence (or whatever the round brand is) would work as the shaving round? He experimented with them! I have used some shea butter soaps when I was traveling and it worked pretty well. Not better, but definitely good. Let us know if you find anything that works. My experience has been regular triple milled soaps wokr better than shave soaps with the paste

Top Bottom