What's new

MAK's Entry into the B&B Hall of Fame

Please allow me to introduce myself:

Username:
MAK

What is your real name?
Mike mostly, some folks call me Mac as I often sign my emails and memos MAK (my initials)

What are your nicknames/aliases?
Mac (see above)

Where do you live?
Naperville, a far western suburb of Chicago

What is your age (or) generation?
50s

What are you in the real world?
Health Professional

What is your favorite shave setup?
I like changing things often.

Right now:
Merkur Barber Pole
Swisso stand with brush/bowl
Soap/Cream of the day

What are your hobbies and favorite activities?
I’m one of those folks who is interested in everything. Beyond science stuff (my profession) I have always liked electronics and I’m a ham radio operator. In addition I have been collecting radios since grade school. I like to go camping and I like playing the guitar. I Love spending time with the wife and kids and manage to produce educational and event videos for fun. I also just finished 95 episodes of a podcast where I interviewed professional on topics ranging from depression to alternative healing. Although I’m not a professional teacher I think I have the education gene in my blood and I have written material to educate young professionals. I also do odd things like making my own cologne for the fun of it. With little real time, most of the fun stuff that I do has to be squeezed into tiny little packets of time so any project can take a long time.

What else should the members of B&B know about you?
Just an older guy with a lot of interests. I guess I like learning about seemingly trivial things (few things are really trivial). Once I did a review on world band radios that cost under $20 and got a scathing comment back that said: "What next an in depth study on paper cups!” The comment was meant to be cutting, but I thought, hmm…that might be interesting.

(Thread generated automatically by the Hall of Fame Submission Form)

Top Bottom