What's new

I'm part Hungarian. I had to try it!

So after reading all these posts about Lilac Vegetal by Pinaud I decided to check it out.

First, I went to a store that had a bottle for testing. After opening the 12oz bottle and taking a good smell I must say it smelled like flowery cat ****!:eek6: However, a B&B member advised never to judge an Aftershave etc by bottle smell alone. So I put some on my wrists and checked out some cigars for a few minutes. Then I gave it the test. The results, this is not bad at all! Just to make sure I asked some female customers for their opinions. They liked it!:ladysman: So I bought a bottle.

Had a great shave today and used my new friend Lilac Vegetal. So as the story goes this Aftershave was made for the Hungarian calvary. Well looks like it has moved on to a new generation.:001_smile

David

P.S. I don't own or ride horses. I served in the U.S. Air Force and not the U.S. Calvary. My only connection with horses is I've dated women who rode them.:blush:

Oh no, another one. Somebody said it smelled like lilacs and ferrets; I thought that was pretty good. In the bottle it smells like cat pee and on the skin like wet animal hair. Right before it fades, mayyyyyybe there's the slightest hint of artificial lilac, but not enough to matter. Frankly I love the smell of fresh lilac bushes in the summer, but this stuff don't come close to that heavenly scent. Glad you like it though; somebodys got to buy the stuff.

I'm part Hungarian as well but after a nausea-enducing Clubman sampling, I'm scared to go near another pinaud product again.

I'm also part Hungarian...it's the part that forces me to shave daily because of my wolvish facial hair growth.

I'm part Hungarian as well but after a nausea-enducing Clubman sampling, I'm scared to go near another pinaud product again.

100% here. Clubman smells like the barber shops did when I was young; in a previous century. I use the Bay Rum regularly.

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
Part Hungarian as well, my Mom was a first generation American. I hated the Lilac Vegetal stuff, terrible. I'm a Clubman or Bay Rum guy all the way!

Tony

I'm not Hungarian...but my dog is! :w00t:
Behold! Hungarian Vizsla in a box!*

*Not sold in stores. Batteries not included. Always consult your veterinarian before attempting to stuff your vizsla in any type of storage and or containment unit.

100% here. Clubman smells like the barber shops did when I was young; in a previous century. I use the Bay Rum regularly.

I'm confused. Are you agreeing you don't like Clubman? Most guys love the smell of the Main St. barbershop which leads me to believe you do like it. I'm missing something in translation. I love all products Pinaud except LV. The Clubman is indeed the classic barbershop smell IMO.

Stop by Tobacconist in Harvard Square today. Paul the owner had an old glass bottle around 30 years old. Wonderful stuff.:001_smile But Paul mentioned that LV get a reaction from his customers of either love it or hate it.

By the way, I hate plastic bottles.:mad3: They take away the charm in wet shaving.

David

I'm not Hungarian...but my dog is! :w00t:
Behold! Hungarian Vizsla in a box!*

*Not sold in stores. Batteries not included. Always consult your veterinarian before attempting to stuff your vizsla in any type of storage and or containment unit.

Good looking pup you got there Cory.

David

I'm confused. Are you agreeing you don't like Clubman? Most guys love the smell of the Main St. barbershop which leads me to believe you do like it. I'm missing something in translation. I love all products Pinaud except LV. The Clubman is indeed the classic barbershop smell IMO.

+1 I do enjoy the smell of Clubman. You are correct, I didn't make that clear.

To steal a line from someone (hope the do not depth charge me) It smells like an old man with hair growing out his ears,,,,, I go for that look. I love clubman (that also pertains to that wonderful OLD SPICE too)

i'm half hungarian myself but have been a bit hesitant to try the lilac vegetal because so many here dislike it.

maybe the trick to getting it to smell great is to first smell like a horse?

Top Bottom