What's new

Have you met your maker?

I have been researching our small soap vendors for a week or so to learn a bit about the people behind the operation. All these ladies (and a lad or two) have such a warm devotion to what they do. With so many fantastic soapers out there, I was wondering if anyone has actually had the priviledge to meet them in person.

I have only found one account so far of a meeting, and the was over at Straight Razor Place. Apparently, a young man over there met Colleen Hurley from "The Gentlemans Quarter". That must have been a real treat!!

So, have any of you guys met one of the Sue's, Joanna (TSD), Charles (QED), or any other of our fine, devoted soapmakers? I would personally love to be able to meet Mama Bear and get to smell, one by one, every scent that she offers. I may have to put together a map of the makers and take a road trip to meet them all. A few thousand miles and just as many dollars later, it would be a trip well taken!!

I'll say it again......... Ain't Addiction Great!!

I met the lady from the Highland Soap Company in her shop - she was making bathbombs at the time, and I still have to get around to trying her shaving soap (I have it here ready to try - but too many open/on-the-go pots/cakes/creams at the moment :biggrin:)

They might get a little nervous if you show up and make yourself comfortable on the couch! Better call first. :lol:

John MarQuis from Ogallala Bay Rum is a super guy who is very dedicated to his products. He really has a great radio announcer voice.

Irena from Ginger's Garden is a soapmaking pro! Her experience shows easily in her products.

Bryna from Luv4Country is totally dedicated to all natural products and is also a soapmaking pro!

Olivia is soapmaking royalty. She is a true artist and master of her craft.

As a person who does business with all of them, I feel very fortunate to also call all of them friends.

John MarQuis from Ogallala Bay Rum is a super guy who is very dedicated to his products. He really has a great radio announcer voice.

+25 on this one....

John actually met a friend of mine who was on her way to meet her family back in Ogallala Nebraska :biggrin:

Top Bottom