What's new

Carlton Safety Razor Review?

Has anyone ever purchased a Carlton Safety Razor from T&H? I was wondering if these are any good as compared to the (new) traditional Merkur stuff? They aren't exactly cheap!

some consider that the extra weight from the wood, crome or silver handles on some of the specialy razors like the carlton razor change the balance of the razor and therefore the actuall shave quality, personaly, i like the baberbole on my 38c.

Could an experienced and well-known member write a review on this? I just received one and it blows my Futur away. I realize, though, that my being a noobie here won't carry much weight...

some consider that the extra weight from the wood, crome or silver handles on some of the specialy razors like the carlton razor change the balance of the razor and therefore the actuall shave quality, personaly, i like the baberbole on my 38c.

You don't get any extra weight with a wooden handle and the razor will be head heavy unless counter balanced.
That isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I have the ebony handle and I love the dramatic decrease in weight from the Futur. This thing angles the blade perfectly as well. I get an even closer shave on the first pass (than the Futur) and I don't feel the blade at all. I have a particularly sensitive neck and (with the Futur) I get some redness and irritation in the lower center region of my neck. It just hurts to shave there. I have to be really careful. ... but I don't feel a thing with the Carlton. It's amazing. The only reason why I even think about it anymore is because I'm surprised...

I'll give you more bang for your buck with one of my handles with a replated NEW or Tech head.
proxy.php

Wow, I had no idea that you were making handles that nice, cooncatbob, how much are you charging for something like that, if I may ask??

I have one of cooncatbob's wood handles I am using with a NEW head. It looks as good in real life as it does in a photo; classy enough to display with any razor out there. Plus, it gives a great shave. I even took the head off my EJ razor and tried it; works just fine.

Top Bottom