What's new

Any non drinkers?

Are you a drinker of alcohol?

• yes

• I quit

• occasionally, no more than once a week

• no, never have

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am not a drinker but I see the great fascination with alcohol here. I have absolutely nothing against it, just not a fan of the taste of most stuff. I will sample stuff to the effect of 2 drinks a year maybe.

Honestly, I love a good beer, a good glass of wine, and good single malt scotch. Unfortunately, I also have a family history of problems with alcohol, and for about 7 years I have been on medications that 1) don't work well if you drink,; 2) don't work and play well with the liver. As a result I have mostly voluntarily given up alcohol for health reasons.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Am I a Non drinker? I've never seen this Non in the liquor store before. Is it a spirit, wine or beer? Can you make good cocktails with it?

Am I a Non drinker? I've never seen this Non in the liquor store before. Is it a spirit, wine or beer? Can you make good cocktails with it?

Its that cool it is all three and yes it makes fantastic cocktails. And the best part is you remember everything after drinking as many as you can take. Think of it as the reverse of the forget-me-shot®

dang, I was hoping I could write this so no one could find a wise crack. That is why the poll said "drinker of alcohol" so the water drinkers wouldnt pipe in. but still Ian, :thumbup:

I drank heavily for years before I quit back in '98. I finally had a few drinks back in '06 but am no longer enamored of it. Don't like waking up with a headache and feeling bad the whole day. I will have a couple of sips of the beer I'm using to make my chile but that 's about it nowadays. Although I did have a couple bottles of Sharps at a D'Backs game last month but that doesn't count.

Love the stuff...drink 5 days a week and average 4 drinks a day. Settles the nerves and tastes so damn good! The complexity of beer and all the different types is amazing to me. Drinking an Atlanta local beer now...Sweetwater 420. Ummmmm!

there needs to be a level between "no" and "occasionally/less than once a week"
I'm not a drinker, by my own choice, but I will on rare occasions have a splash of wine

I'll usually have a small glass of something (tonight, I just so happened to have a little bit of gin) every now and then on a rare occasion. Once every week or two, usually. I've been leaning toward Bloody Marys recently, but I've been known to enjoy a glass of wine with dinner or a little bit of port afterwords every now and then. I'll usually never do more than one drink in a sitting.

Yep, pints every Friday night with the lads...a glass of wine or cocktail with the missus on a Saturday night. Gigs and football (real football that is) too obviously.

I quit. The older I got (35) the more it lost its appeal. Plus I didn't want my son to see me passed out on the kitchen floor.

I come from a very long line of dedicated cocktail hour people and I take my after 5:00 drinking quite seriously.

Vodka Tonics and gin martinis in the summer and Scotch and IPA's in the winter. Yep......having one right now.

hey...I'm 42, have three herniated discs and gotta have something to wash down the vicodin.:lol:

B R A N D X®;739131 said:
I come from a very long line of dedicated cocktail hour people and I take my after 5:00 drinking quite seriously.

Vodka Tonics and gin martinis in the summer and Scotch and IPA's in the winter. Yep......having one right now.

hey...I'm 42, have three herniated discs and gotta have something to wash down the vicodin.:lol:

i wash my vicodin down with diet soda.:biggrin:

I drink 7-8 times a year. If I have a bottle of liquor, it can take a whole year before I finish it. I'm not talking about rare and expensive stuff that you'd like to save either. When I was a bartender in college and out of college, I drank a lot more.

I used to drink like a fish. Every night. After work straight to the bar. I was single with nothing to do so i drank alot. I had such a huge tolerance to it that I would spend 40.00 to 60.00 dollars a night.started with beer then moved up to top shelf stuff. Then recived custody of my girls about 8 years ago and I can say that I have stoped drinking. I due not even care for it anymore. I probably have 2 drinks a month. And I only like very very very light beers lighter than corona light. I guess kids are good for something other than depleting your wallet.

Top Bottom