What's new

College Football Season Is Here!

Hey, thanks for asking -- glad to see that Canwell got his groove back. Kentucky followed the Louisville game on the schedule with IAA Norfolk State. Here's what I know about Norfolk State: 1) They have a good band; 2)they lost to Kentucky yesterday 38-3; 3) they, combined with Kentucky, do not have the projected ratings to allow yesterday's game to be shown in my neck of the woods :mad3:. That said, after reading a bit of the take in today's Herald-Leader online, it looks like we have a full-scale QB controversy, complete with booing fans. I'm not pleased. Middle Tennessee State comes next. I'm relatively certain that one won't be shown in Upper Marlboro either :frown:

But hey, I did have a lot of fun watching the Ohio State and West Virginia games yesterday! Hated seeing Ole Miss get beat in the final seconds against Wake -- partially because I'm an ACC fan, but mostly because I've been enjoying all the whining about how bad things are for the ACC.

Not even on an ESPN? Yeah I have to admit there has been a lot of talk about the boo-ing of the back up QB but I think the fans will get over it and the whole thing will blow over. And I LOVE it when we play MTS at home, they do have some loyal fans, but they always go home sad.:lol:

My Edinboro Fighting Scots beat my wifes alma mater 34-11! The bragging rights in the house are mine, all mine (just don't show her this post)!

Prothro was Shula's biggest crime at 'Bama. He should have pulled him at half time or the third at the latest. He'd accomplished what needed to be done...
Big Time +1

I do have some good news, though...

Basketball season is only a couple of months away! :wink:

Hey, me too; Kentucky be me team come Basketball season, they tend to be the most consistent SEC team that I can pull for, though 'Bama has been making strides that past couple of years to be competitive

Speaking of which, we'll still be friends Oct. 4, right? :001_smile

Speaking of which, we'll still be friends Oct. 4, right? :001_smile

Sure we will! (I figure you'll need plenty of shoulders to cry on when Bama loses.) :001_tt2:

Honestly, despite the coach's assertions this week that UK belongs in the top 25, it's too early for me to tell if this team is going to have anything resembling an offense. If not, the Bama game will be a long one, I'm afraid.

Speaking of which, we'll still be friends Oct. 4, right?

We can be friends all season long!

Like I said earlier I really like the Tide. A good friend of mine played for Bear Bryant from 1967-1971. I like to remind him he's an anomaly. One of only a few players to play 4 years for Bryant and not win the SEC.

Oh yeah, and my Gators looked good Saturday. Good, not great, they need to start off a little faster. But we'll find out how good they are next Saturday.

GO BIG RED!!!
I am looking forward to the NU-Mizzou game. Unfortunatley I believe that Chase Daniels is going to tear our defense up. I know we can put the points on the board I just don't think we stop Chase from doing the same.

There are 13 days in the fall for College Football (okay more if you count Thurs night games). Can't the family miss you once, that still leaves 352 days to spend with them.

with much wisdom doth this wise one speak...and with his priorities straight :biggrin:

There are 13 days in the fall for College Football (okay more if you count Thurs night games). Can't the family miss you once, that still leaves 352 days to spend with them.

Do what I do when the season starts- mark the calendar with the games that you are going to be home watching. Then, warn them the week before those game that you are going to be watching the game, not doing yard work, family things or other extraneous activities. About two weeks before the Miami-Florida game, I kept telling the wife, "8pm kickoff on a Saturday night. Miami and Florida. You don't think I can miss that?" By the third time I mentioned it, my wife's response was, "Do you think I should make plans with some friends?" "Ayuh honey. That would be a very good idea." Now that ABC/ESPN is going to be broadcasting UM-Texas A&M on the 20th, I'm already giving her fair warning and she's working on plans. It's only taken me 13 years to get to this point with her, but it is progress.

Edinboro 31- CW Post 7
Notre Dame 35- Michigan 17 (shame about our coach!)

Another 2-0 college day! Lets finish the weekend with an Eagles win and a 4-0 showing in fantasy football and I'll be in heaven!

with much wisdom doth this wise one speak...and with his priorities straight

Much wisdom? Nah, just looked at a calender. And priorities? Well I went back to college online this semester. All my in-person assigments are scheduled during bye weekends or the weekend before the SEC Championship. The people who did the scheduling are the ones with their priorities straight.

Go Gators!

I think that we should all come to an agreement that any day Ohio State loses (and especially gets the snot beat out of them) is a good college football day.

Top Bottom