What's new

Accepted to University!

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I'm cutting it close, but I just received my acceptance notification at the University of Wisconsin Green Bay. Classes start next week. I will be meeting with my adviser tomorrow.

I am planning on studying computer science and education.

An unusual thing about this is my son will be an upperclassman to me. He is a senior and I will be a sophomore.

And another unusual thing is if all goes as planned I will be graduating at the same time as our youngest who is also a sophomore at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities.

Mazel Tov and congratulations!! I'm also currently a senior in university, so it is with full honesty when I say good luck and may your college career go unhindered!!

Outstanding! Warm congratulations. Don't tell my 18-22 year old students this, but my "non-traditional" students have always been the greatest joy to teach. Folks who've been through life then made the decision to go back to college add so much to the classroom. Best of luck to you.

You GO Boy!

I've only been out of College for 38 years. I wonder if I could get through Organic Chem if I had to take it over again:biggrin:

So the weekend keggers are at your house what with three college students under one roof huh? :biggrin:

Seriously Congrats. My daughter just started at a community college yesterday, and I couldn't be more proud of her. Good luck to you both.

Congrats! I second the comments above! I teach part time at a community college and I love non-traditional students too!

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Thanks for all the congratulations. I just returned home with my class schedule and $395 worth of books for just three classes. The other books are on back order and will be in next week, I wonder how much more those will be.

It was exciting walking around campus and finding where all my classes will be. Of course most of the student employees thought I was a parent. I told a few of them that I was the new chancellor and you should have seen their jaws drop. They laughed when I let them off the hook.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Just remember at your age leering at the coeds puts you in the dirty old man catagory.:biggrin:

At my age there's a lot more to leer at. When I was young a woman in her 30's or 40's simply was not very attractive to me.

Good Luck!! Seek an understanding at a more fundamental level than your new peers will. Do ALL the reserve reading--- it's there for a reason, not because the profs like to hear themselves talk. Seek real world experience in your line as soon as you establish your patterns.

Top Bottom