What's new

Hello Everyone

Welcome to the club.

I am an extreme cheapo, but do not have sensitive skin. So can not help with that. But I know that I enjoy a good straight shave.. or safety shave much more then any of the other junk. I get mosty my stuff from local drug stores and such. But you may not be able to. Happy hunting.

Cal

Welcome aboard! You've gotten some great advice. I will echo that using a brush should help immensely, as should a double edge razor since it should minimize irritation.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why can't I find everything in one spot?

Westcoast Shaving: Merkur Heavy Duty Safety Razor w/ Bar model 34C and Blade sample pack (Extended)

Sesto-Senso (unless someone has a better suggestion): TOBS Avocado Shave Cream

Crabtree & Evelyn: Edwin Jagger Cream Best Badger Brush Small

Thayer's website (unless I can find it locally): witch hazel - is it just the Thayers Original Witch Hazel w/Aloe Vera Astringent?

I think you can get the TOBS cheaper elsewhere. Most of the other online places have it for about $13.99. http://shavingessentials.net/shaving_creams.html has a nice selection of TOBS and other creams, including JM Fraser's but not sure how you will react to the lemon scent of the original or the new Polar Ice Menthol. They also have WARS from Poland which I believe is an incredible cream at the price.

also all the gas spent driving to C&E and the Vitamin Shoppe (they carry the Thayer's).....I'll just have to plan to leave for work earlier and swing in on my way down.....

Rite Aid carries Real Shaving Co. products which are very good and about $6-7 for a tube. They also make a sensitive skin formula, if I am not mistaken.

Top Bottom