What's new

What brush should I try now?

I currently own a Rooney 3/3 in super and a pure badger brush (Swissco I think) that came in a set my wife got me from Drugstore.com when I first started wetshaving. I love how soft the Rooney is but wish it was a little rougher like my pure badger for the times when I want to face lather. Speaking of which the 3/3 is a monster and too big for me to face lather with. Actually the 3/3 is a little too big for me overall.

I am considering offering my Rooney 3/3 for sale or trade and would like to know what would be a good brush for me.

So can anyone suggest a brush that has a smaller knot with decent density that is good for creams (about all I use) that I can face lather or bowl lather with. It doesn't have to be as super soft as the Rooney 3/3 but I still want something really soft.

If you really like Rooneys you could just get a size 1

My recommendations would be a 23mm Shavemac, and a Rooney Stubby 1

The wife has cut off funds so maybe I will try to trade in BST.

Anything availabe with a larger handle but a smaller knot I have big hands. Edit: it seems the 2/1 has the tallest handle anyone used this one?

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
The wife has cut off funds so maybe I will try to trade in BST.

Anything availabe with a larger handle but a smaller knot I have big hands. Edit: it seems the 2/1 has the tallest handle anyone used this one?

Check out some of the Rooney Heritage brushes ... you can get a small head and a longer handle.

I love the Rooney Heritage line. I would solidly recommend the Alibaba 2 or 3 and the Emillion for just the purposes you describe. I have the Ali 3 and it's a favorite, but I love the luxurious feel of the Emillion. The latter has a kind of cult following.

no problem it is posted there just thought maybe someone here would be looking for something like this. It seems that the big brush doesn't want to go, either that or I am asking too much .

Top Bottom