What's new

P. 160 Soft Soap. Any experiences?

I couldn't find a review for P. 160 so I figured I would just start a thread asking for experiences with it. Has anyone tried it? What sort of scent does it have? How well does it lather? Would you recommend it? At $23.00 for 1000 grams it looks like a pretty good deal. Of course, no price is a good deal if that 1000 grams is pure junk..

I tried a sample of it and it worked well. The scent was VERY sweet, like Cotton candy or believe it or not, candy corn.

I like this stuff,very much like Cella and Valobra.It is cheap at 23- for 40 ozs
or 2.50 for 4ozs.This is a deal.I think you will enjoy it.
Cheers ,ROCKET

I have some right now and the scent is amazing. Seriously one of the best smelling soaps out there to me. It smells like Cherry Almond. The scent does fade some when lathered up. I can't seem to find the right ratio of water to use with this soap. My only complaints so far is the lather and the slickness. I assume once i get the right ratio these problems will disappear. I have only used it about 3 times so far. I purchased a 100g sample from superlather.com for like 3 bucks. Can't beat that price.

I have some right now and the scent is amazing. Seriously one of the best smelling soaps out there to me. It smells like Cherry Almond. The scent does fade some when lathered up. I can't seem to find the right ratio of water to use with this soap. My only complaints so far is the lather and the slickness. I assume once i get the right ratio these problems will disappear. I have only used it about 3 times so far. I purchased a 100g sample from superlather.com for like 3 bucks. Can't beat that price.

It does take a bit of practice to get the water/soap ratio just right. Even more so if the water is hard in your area. It is good stuff and I love the scent--cherry almond is an apt description.

i've been looking into trying the p160 but the huge size it comes in is daunting... well I think it only comes in the 1000g bar... I might be mistaken...

If I may ask Mark (superlather) or anyone else for a sample??? Not so much to put you out but enough for a weeks worth of shaves???? If anyone can accomodate it would really help me...

I have been tempted to buy this several times but keep holding off until the Proraso aftershave splash is in stock.

Patrick

i've been looking into trying the p160 but the huge size it comes in is daunting... well I think it only comes in the 1000g bar... I might be mistaken...

If I may ask Mark (superlather) or anyone else for a sample??? Not so much to put you out but enough for a weeks worth of shaves???? If anyone can accomodate it would really help me...

Superlather does carry P160 100g briquettes. Go to the decants page and scroll down a little ways. Unfortunately, it says they are out of stock until mid-September.

Pm sent.

Regarding the huge size it is a bit daunting but my experience has been that the guys who like it will buy a couple at a time. The large size made me anxious about stocking it at first. I still don't keep as much on hand as I would like because it is so heavy but that may change in the future if all goes well with the new courier I'm talking to. Stay tuned to the website on that for updates.

Regarding the P160 it comes in two formulations--soft and semisoft. The last round of bricks and briquettes were the soft variety. I actually prefer the semisoft because it is easier to cut and holds its shape bettter and that is what I plan to stock from now on. There is no difference in the formula or performance just its rigidity.

I have Valobra,Cella,and P160.They are all about the same.
P160 is much cheaper.They are all very enjoyable soaps.
Try them ,I sure you will like em.
Cheers, ROCKET

Top Bottom